Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Kingston, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Man, last few times I've been there - 100% of capacity, or should I say 100% of working capacity (last 2 times there was 2 stalls down - at least). Real shame as it is a great point for anyone heading west on NY-28 (even if the Diner is gone) - If I have the time, I now stop in New Paltz, but that isn't really a great option
Hey Tesla - can we get an upgrade - more stalls, or at least faster than the 150KW chargers?

Reactions: Andy7
I use this relatively often. It is sometimes marked as full but I have never had to wait. Once when labelled full I pulled up just as someone was leaving. Yesterday, it warned of a wait at first, but that was gone when I got there and there were 4 spots open. They could use more spots because apparently it does fill.

New Paltz has faster chargers, but the restroom is inside the diner, and that always feels intrusive. If anyone knows of an easier restroom there, please let me know. I have not timed it, but the site seems further off the Thruway than the Kingston site.

I use this relatively often. It is sometimes marked as full but I have never had to wait. Once when labelled full I pulled up just as someone was leaving. Yesterday, it warned of a wait at first, but that was gone when I got there and there were 4 spots open. They could use more spots because apparently it does fill.

New Paltz has faster chargers, but the restroom is inside the diner, and that always feels intrusive. If anyone knows of an easier restroom there, please let me know. I have not timed it, but the site seems further off the Thruway than the Kingston site.

It IS slightly further off the highway. That said, with the diner gone in Kingston, if I want breakfast, I'll do New Paltz as I'll sit in the diner. Thing is, these days, I'll often grab and go at the Quick Check at Kingston. Depends on if I want breakfast (I'm usually heading UP from NYC, and it'll be about 8:00-8:30am when I get to Kingston (on my way to Olivebridge)

There are some interesting places not far from the Quick Check including a bakery-restaurant (Deising's on N. Front St) that I've only had a pastry from. It looks like an interesting town that I may explore someday.