Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

So near, yet so far...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Ted'sla

2024 MYLR in MSM
Jan 20, 2024
Rosharon, Texas
I use my 3rd car single bay - the one without the Chamberlain opener - for my Li-ion lawn equipment and power tools and stretch the cord from my Siemens VersiCharge charger adjacent to the electrical panel across that bay to my MYLR in the 2-car bay. It wasn't too bad when I had my EUV with a front left charge port (and because I only used it a time or two per week), but it's a real hazard leaving it attached, 24/7, to my MYLR's left rear as advised by Tesla. It's just not long enough to route behind the wire shelves on the wall and then string high across the rear of my "workshop bay" to my MY and adding another 240V outlet would be expensive. So, I'm going to give THIS a try:

Amazon.com

1711213615204.png

J1772 to J3400, but they offer 2 other variations.

Wow...I just noticed that the checkbox for the $20 off coupon that I used last night is GONE. I either had GREAT timing or LOUSY timing if it has a better coupon coming!!!

The $20 off coupon is there for me. Assume yours is gone because you’ve used it.

Any concern about the length of the cord?
Good point. "Sorry, only 1 to a customer!"

As to the length of the cord, my only concern is communication with the VersiCharge, something I recently experienced when I weed-whacked my home's ground wire from the grounding post. I'm not worried about safety, as long as what I see on Amazon is what I get. The usual caveat with wall chargers is to NOT use an extension from the power cord to the outlet. If it shows up looking like a mobile phone charge cord, it's back to Bezos.