Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Largest gaps between Superchargers on US Interstates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
L3, in my understanding, is 3-phase. 3-phase is 480 volts, so on a 50 amp breaker that might be only 19.2 kW with an 80% safety factor.
I think this is mixing separate things, maybe I don't get what you are going for. Tesla superchargers are DC, so no phase, right? L1 and L2 are AC so they can have phases.

So called urban superchargers are 72 kw DC based on previous reading. All superchargers are DC so l3 power to your car don't have phases. Input into the supercharger system gets converted to DC.

L2 and L1 charging is AC. Most current EVs with a few exceptions are at most 48 amps (48 amps * 240v = 11.5kw). Very old Tesla model s (my 2015 for example) had an option for dual chargers and could take 80 amps and 240 (80x240=19,200kw). No 3 phases. A few cars today have 80 amps * 240v, because of wanting to get more power out for other uses related to home charging, or they have big batteries and want to charge them at high speed. F150ev has 30 amp l2 charging, and options for 48 or 80 amps (a few details at https://www.ford.com/support/how-to...ightning-charging-frequently-asked-questions/).