Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Left Coast Electric conversions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
DSC_3022.jpg

Backstory: From gas-powered to electric auto in 36 hours flat | csmonitor.com

Sick of Gas?: Convert Your Car To Run On Electricity : Gas 2.0

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Gadget, great to see you that you're still around. Back in 2008, when I first emailed your company, I had a deposit on a Tesla Roadster but was getting fed up with their endless delays (and eventual price increase). I was hoping to cancel the Roadster order and spend around $100K on a EV Countach or EV Diablo. The goal was to get 100+ miles per charge using lithium and turn low 12's in the 1/4 mile. I saw some TV show where you built an EV Camaro for some musician and I figured that since you were sort of local to where I live that you might want to handle my conversion. Anyway, none of my emails were ever returned. All the other conversion companies that I interviewed ended up being flakes. I eventually took delivery of the Tesla Roadster in early 2010 so now my EV budget is exhausted. I'll probably sell the Roadster in early 2013 and will want a replacement EV at that time.

Have you ever done an EV that turned low 12's in the 1/4 mile? That is a minimum requirement for me. I'd prefer 11's. I went from a Corvette to the Roadster, and the Roadster just seems slow to me. Having a 2nd gear would probably do the trick. My budget would be roughly the cost of a new Tesla Roadster.

These guys are in San Diego and sell a conversion that turns a 12.4
SSI Racing - Font Page

I will certainly approach you again when I get rid of my Tesla.