Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

License plate bracket for Model X / Model Y.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brand new owner, of my Model X, and my wife's Model Y (concurrent "post mid-life crisis"). Looking for bracket to display front license tag, without double stick tape, or holes. Have seen mention of:
* Torklift Central "The Law"
* ThatGrin LLC Slipstream Bracket (being sold on Amazon and Etsy)
* LivingTesla.com Snap Plate
* Quick Bandit
And I'm sure there must be others. Some attach to the plastic grill, while one, I believe, mounts through and behind the plastic pieces.
They seem to be suitable for quick install and removal. We would want to install and leave it in place.
One had a new second generation, that was even easier to remove. Again, no benefit to us, but they were reducing price of old model. Can't find who that is.
What experience are people having?
One for Model X, one for Model Y.
Thanks.
Burton

Reactions: TonyPham
I bought this...

EVANNEX Front License Plate Bracket for Tesla Model Y (No Bolt-on)

and put it on for a couple months but removed it recently as I found out it has too much play at highway speeds and it was hitting the bumper. I went with the Tesla provided bracket, which uses tape and sits higher but it's not ideal as I like the look of a lower placed front plate.

You don't want something flapping back and forth in the wind and rubbing up against the car.

OttoSteer has one out for the Model 3, and he said he is working on one for the Model Y. Hopefully he will have it out before too long. It’s similar to the snap plate, but I thing OttoSteers quality may be better from what I’ve seen.