Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fun fact when your trunk won’t latch. Car never shuts off. I even tried powering it off and it keeps humming. I might pull the negative lead until I drive it in.
Ok I removed it. No messages in service or notifications. But each charge/discharge cycle was greater. First time to 89%. Then 49% lastly it was at 67 and dropping using 25 amps. Each discharge cycle would go deeper and at a higher amperage. Last time was draining at 25 amps. Volts hold at 13.1 or so until about 49% and stop at 12.99 which I have also seen on an AGM. V4+ reached 106f but not overheat shown. I wasn’t brave enough to continue but it was like trying to make a failure and not succeeding. No warnings ever generated.

Wow 25A .. I didn’t see a load over 9A ever. I also did not ever see it go below 90%.
I actually wouldn’t mind knowing what it’s doing while my trunk latch is busted. Just stays on and seems to draw 0-2A. Then seems to cycle a charge to the battery for a total of 54 minutes 25A charging off my wall connector.

Wow 25A .. I didn’t see a load over 9A ever. I also did not ever see it go below 90%.
I actually wouldn’t mind knowing what it’s doing while my trunk latch is busted. Just stays on and seems to draw 0-2A. Then seems to cycle a charge to the battery for a total of 54 minutes 25A charging off my wall connector.
On previous versions it would start at 25amps for a moment then reverse and charge back to full then slowly bring the battery voltage back to 13.2 and stop. Now it is behaving as above keeping in mind I'm on a older software version that hasn't changed in a month of more.

For those of you with the latest Ohmmu app on iOS/Android and BMS firmware update pushed to your vintage Model 3s.... is this the latest config you see?

Screenshot_20230730_191419_Ohmmu.png

The config naming convention is odd indeed.

Logically, if using the latest debug Android apk or iOS v2 app, and choosing the same car, on any given day, we should all be pulling the same config with the same naming convention showing in the app.

Unless there are multiple flavors of v4+s out there (likely)...

But even then each combo of v4+ revision, car model and latest config pulled on T0 should result in the same matching config being applied.

Screenshot_20230801_194711_Ohmmu.png Screenshot_20230801_194706_Ohmmu.png

Anyone have luck applying different configs and having them stick with the debug Android apk?

It took me forever to get EXTREME to take and now (and before) no other profile will actually reflect even if the app reports it pulled successfully.

App permissions adjusted as Ohmmu wants (unrestricted BT and phone battery, app blacklisted for shallow and deep sleep).

Also this fun little error pops up from time to time.
Screenshot_20230804_200659_Ohmmu.png Screenshot_20230801_194711_Ohmmu.png

Good. What revision of the v4+ (there are a few, despite the same external label)?
and what config (were you finally able to apply the Model Y config?).

Give the car/battery combo at least one month and ideally one or two software updates' worth of time to see if any errors or notifications creep in.

Good. What revision of the v4+ (there are a few, despite the same external label)?
and what config (were you finally able to apply the Model Y config?).

Give the car/battery combo at least one month and ideally one or two software updates' worth of time to see if any errors or notifications creep in.
I got mine last Sept last year (11 mo / 6 cycles). Was before some got tweaks after with firmware.
I just downloaded the Model Y config last month. Sean said if I have issues to use the Extreme one to get more logging. Battery was back to 100% this AM.

I got mine last Sept last year (11 mo / 6 cycles). Was before some got tweaks after with firmware.
I just downloaded the Model Y config last month. Sean said if I have issues to use the Extreme one to get more logging. Battery was back to 100% this AM.
I may reinstall later today. Perhaps I jumped too soon. Never got any warnings just wasn't used to the extreme charge discharge cycles.