Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah I have no idea how far down the lead acid goes. I thought the same thing. Seems like sometimes when its charging the car it doesn’t charge the battery or vice versa.
Well so far so good. I am not seeing the large charge/discharge cycles as before. The Tesla software is still 2023.7.20 but I updated the battery prior to installation and am wondering if some changes were made from Ohmmu. I will see the Ohmmu discharging in one case into the 80's percentile and I see this as resting the DC-DC converter for a bit. Then at some voltage level (around 13.05v) it starts charging again. I parked while still discharging and checked back a few minutes later and the Ohmmu had recharged to 100%. Assuming it continues to work, I will look into the newer version with heating element as I had cold weather charging issues in New England and that neater should fix that. Incidentally, a post from AntiGravity is saying they have had no more VCFront issues for 1 1/2 years seeming to indicate a shift in Tesla on 3rd party batteries.

Reactions: Perscitus
Today is day 3 and I removed it. It wet though several charge/discharge cycles normally. Each time at about 13.05v it would start charging. But today it dropped to 20% AND 12.95V and was not charging the 12v. Also my sentry drive stopped working at that voltage. I did the V4 reset and it started charging but the instructions say to manually charge it to 13.2v before a reset. Since I had to charge it I just pulled and bench charged. Others are having success even with other brands of lithium so I suspect a later version software for the car be be needed. Once I get an update I will try again.

Reactions: mstatkus
I witnessed a screen going black yesterday but it came back quick. I still haven’t had any other issues but I suspect I’ll swap back here soon. Think we lost some capacity with the new version too so not sure how it decides to charge or not.

I also had my lead acid keep waking to charge so suspect I’m in the territory of needing a new one.

I witnessed a screen going black yesterday but it came back quick. I still haven’t had any other issues but I suspect I’ll swap back here soon. Think we lost some capacity with the new version too so not sure how it decides to charge or not.

I also had my lead acid keep waking to charge so suspect I’m in the territory of needing a new one.
I also keep 2 lead acid batteries ready. Check periodically if it drops as low as 20% then charges back to full. Mine just stopped there and at 12.9 volts. I am also on older software. A Antigravity vendor has had one running for 1.5 years no warnings using the 51R 30 Ah version. Not sure if the capacity is an issue here.

Here is a graph of the sleep wake cycle with 2023.7.20 software. During this day the car was asleep, not woken or driven. It appears voltage gets to 12.80 then the car wakes, recharges to 14.25 then back to sleep. This is with a DiehardEV AGM battery installed. I may have removed the Ohmmu too soon. I may reinstall and watch again. It looks like it may be asleep 4-6 hours before waking and I only waited 2 hours at 20% and 12.9 volts.

IMG_2096.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Received a replacement v4+ with heating element and its having a hard time connecting to the Android app (official v1, latest play store beta also v1 AND latest v2 debug from Ohmmus google drive cloud FS).

Can't get a SoC or battery temp reading, cell voltage, balancing delta or any of the advanced screens (including config) to load. NaNs galore.

The fun never ends.

Screenshot_20230821_221807_Ohmmu.png Screenshot_20230821_221900_Ohmmu.png

• Informative
Reactions: scottf200
Received a replacement v4+ with heating element and its having a hard time connecting to the Android app (official v1, latest play store beta also v1 AND latest v2 debug from Ohmmus google drive cloud FS).

Can't get a SoC or battery temp reading, cell voltage, balancing delta or any of the advanced screens (including config) to load. NaNs galore.

The fun never ends.

View attachment 967324 View attachment 967325
Let Ohmmu know. They were supposed to have hired a new company to do app writing and upkeep.

Android app v2.0 is supposedly getting pushed to Google Play Store this week.

As usual - the app developer push is one thing, and end user availability per region and other Alphabet/Google geo fencing and platform restrictions is another.

So far, the reinstall of the Ohmmu V4+ is going well. I still have software 2023.7.20. I have updated the V4+ firmware upon install about 5 days ago. The battery did its normal 6 hour initialization. then a few periodic cycles down to 13.05 V and charging back to full. No warnings in Notifications nor in service mode. Since I have had the same car software since early June the V4+ firmware must have had a change or the car is learning about the battery I installed. I keep waiting for a failure but none.

Reactions: mstatkus
So far, the reinstall of the Ohmmu V4+ is going well. I still have software 2023.7.20. I have updated the V4+ firmware upon install about 5 days ago. The battery did its normal 6 hour initialization. then a few periodic cycles down to 13.05 V and charging back to full. No warnings in Notifications nor in service mode. Since I have had the same car software since early June the V4+ firmware must have had a change or the car is learning about the battery I installed. I keep waiting for a failure but none.
Tesla software 2023.7.30 updated today normally with no issues or messages.

Tesla software 2023.7.30 updated today normally with no issues or messages.
One problem with the new app appears to be that it does not confirm automatically whether or not you have the latest firmware, either in app or in battery, and it goes through an update cycle irrespective. According to what I show, my battery firmware version is DP04S007L4S100A

One problem with the new app appears to be that it does not confirm automatically whether or not you have the latest firmware, either in app or in battery, and it goes through an update cycle irrespective. According to what I show, my battery firmware version is DP04S007L4S100A
Every time one flashed the battery for a software update, the update is pulled from the server so if an update has occurred it will be there but there is nothing published from Ohmmu on current version or release notes. Where did you find the version number?

Every time one flashed the battery for a software update, the update is pulled from the server so if an update has occurred it will be there but there is nothing published from Ohmmu on current version or release notes. Where did you find the version number?
It's down at the bottom under the advanced tab where you see load and send configuration.