Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Longer term Ohmmu experiences?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does the OHMMU App periodically let you know if there's a newer firmware available or do we need to just check it periodically?
The app doesn't say that I can tell, but anytime you update, it pulls the most recent from the server. Looking at the Ohmmu site, the latest BMS firmware is V29.bin and the latest configuration (i.e. Tesla Model 3) would be whatever is downloaded. The firmware file loads under 30 seconds. Follow site instructions to download and install V29. The configuration software takes a minutes or 2 and is done directly from the app.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dysan911
IS it the V4+ Heated model? If so try this procedure for updating firmware. Tesla | All Models (Bluetooth-Enabled) | Vehicle not Charging 12V Battery
then verify correct configuration.
Its the V4+ non-heated version. I just walked out and connected the app to my car and it looks like it's in the process of suiciding the battery. Shows Discarghing and at 15% to go before it hits 0. :(

I clicked the Update BMS setting and it took a few mins but said it was succesfully updated. It doesn't show a version or anything. I also clicked on the Toggle "Enable Discharge" so it would stop eating what power I have left. I'm stuck at work. Anything I can do to trigger the HV to start charging it back up?

The Service Menu (Won't let me post the pics because it says the image is too large). Shows:

LV Battery Fault
1. VCFront_a407 - dcrMilliOhmsAboveThreshold
2. VCFRONT_a371 - failuretoPrechargeRisk
3. VCFRONT_a182 - ReplaceLVBattery
4. VCFRONT_a402 - LVBatteryCannotSupportVehicle

IMG_7558.png
IMG_7555.png
IMG_7554.png
IMG_7553.png

Its the V4+ non-heated version. I just walked out and connected the app to my car and it looks like it's in the process of suiciding the battery. Shows Discarghing and at 15% to go before it hits 0. :(

I clicked the Update BMS setting and it took a few mins but said it was succesfully updated. It doesn't show a version or anything. I also clicked on the Toggle "Enable Discharge" so it would stop eating what power I have left. I'm stuck at work. Anything I can do to trigger the HV to start charging it back up?

The Service Menu (Won't let me post the pics because it says the image is too large). Shows:

LV Battery Fault
1. VCFront_a407 - dcrMilliOhmsAboveThreshold
2. VCFRONT_a371 - failuretoPrechargeRisk
3. VCFRONT_a182 - ReplaceLVBattery
4. VCFRONT_a402 - LVBatteryCannotSupportVehicle

View attachment 1000742View attachment 1000743View attachment 1000744View attachment 1000746
Yes. Follow the reset procedure which is basically (with FL and RR doors open) power off car in main menu. Toggle off charge and discharge. Disconnect the HV connector under the right rear seat. Wait about 30 seconds or more. Reconnect the HV connector. Toggle on the charge and discharge. Here is the Ohmmu link to reset:
It says 13.2 volts to do a reset but try it as during the reinitialization it charges for 6 hours.
It may need the updated firmware which I believe is V29.

Yes. Follow the reset procedure which is basically (with FL and RR doors open) power off car in main menu. Toggle off charge and discharge. Disconnect the HV connector under the right rear seat. Wait about 30 seconds or more. Reconnect the HV connector. Toggle on the charge and discharge. Here is the Ohmmu link to reset:
It says 13.2 volts to do a reset but try it as during the reinitialization it charges for 6 hours.
It may need the updated firmware which I believe is V29.
Whew. Thanks! The reset has stopped the drain and now it’s showing charging.

Is there way to know what version I’m on? Ohmmu app seems to be poorly designed in regards to providing owners info on current version in use and what update version is avail.
I’d love to know if v29 is avail for my v4+ non-heated and or if when I hit update and it says successful what version I have now.

IMG_7559.png

Whew. Thanks! The reset has stopped the drain and now it’s showing charging.

Is there way to know what version I’m on? Ohmmu app seems to be poorly designed in regards to providing owners info on current version in use and what update version is avail.
I’d love to know if v29 is avail for my v4+ non-heated and or if when I hit update and it says successful what version I have now. View attachment 1000792
Not sure other than just install the latest firmware. I know V29 was only issued around 29 was issued around the beginning of November. After installing the firmware the configuration will probably say Ohmmu5. Update it to Tesla Model 3.

Not sure other than just install the latest firmware. I know V29 was only issued around 29 was issued around the beginning of November. After installing the firmware the configuration will probably say Ohmmu5. Update it to Tesla Model 3.
Oh ok. Yeah, I clicked Update on the Model 3 selection and after awhile it said it was successful. What's strange is the Update button still shows avail as if I don't have the latest firmware. I guess I was expecting it might gray out or something to indicate I'm on the latest but I"ll restart the app when I go back near the car later for the drive home and see if it shows the Ohmmu5 info.

Thanks again!

Oh ok. Yeah, I clicked Update on the Model 3 selection and after awhile it said it was successful. What's strange is the Update button still shows avail as if I don't have the latest firmware. I guess I was expecting it might gray out or something to indicate I'm on the latest but I"ll restart the app when I go back near the car later for the drive home and see if it shows the Ohmmu5 info.

Thanks again!
The FIRMWARE update procedure, once loaded in the phone only takes about 30 seconds. The Ohmmu app updates the CONFIGURATION settings and that one takes a couple minutes. It takes a different app (instructions on getting it) in the firmware step.
How-to: Firmware Update Procedure
When you do the Firmware update (V29) using the TelinkBleOTA app it will show Ohmmu5 or something else. Once complete step 2 using the Ohmmu app install the model 3 configuration.

Last edited:
The FIRMWARE update procedure, once loaded in the phone only takes about 30 seconds. The Ohmmu app updates the CONFIGURATION settings and that one takes a couple minutes. It takes a different app (instructions on getting it) in the firmware step.
How-to: Firmware Update Procedure
When you do the Firmware update (V29) using the TelinkBleOTA app it will show Ohmmu5 or something else. Once complete step 2 using the Ohmmu app install the model 3 configuration.
Ahh ok. I got the app and v29 ready to install. Should I wait to do this at home or does the firmware update take very long?

thanks!

Ahh ok. I got the app and v29 ready to install. Should I wait to do this at home or does the firmware update take very long?

thanks!
The firmware update takes about 30 seconds. Followed by the 2 minutes configuration update. In your case, I would go home, close the Tesla app, open the FL and RR doors and Frunk. Unplug USB drives. Power off from safety menu. Wait about 10 minutes. Disconnect negative terminal on Ohmmu (don't lose spacer). Unplug the HV connector under RR seat. Disconnect positive Ohmmu terminal (dont lose the lead spacers) and recharge to full. Once recharged do the firmware update fooled by the configuration update and reinstall in car in reverse order. This should also clear the messages. Once the battery is charged and installed with new firmware and configuration and reconnected with HV connection, go into service mode. Press and hold model of Tesla in software menu. A pulse will be seen and a popup menu appears. password is service. Agree to warnings. Select service notifications to see if warnings cleared. Then select LV battery left margin. It should show all green and normal charging (it will probably say Atlas for the battery and says OK). That good as the Ohmmu will mimic a lead acid going forward.

The firmware update takes about 30 seconds. Followed by the 2 minutes configuration update. In your case, I would go home, close the Tesla app, open the FL and RR doors and Frunk. Unplug USB drives. Power off from safety menu. Wait about 10 minutes. Disconnect negative terminal on Ohmmu (don't lose spacer). Unplug the HV connector under RR seat. Disconnect positive Ohmmu terminal (dont lose the lead spacers) and recharge to full. Once recharged do the firmware update fooled by the configuration update and reinstall in car in reverse order. This should also clear the messages. Once the battery is charged and installed with new firmware and configuration and reconnected with HV connection, go into service mode. Press and hold model of Tesla in software menu. A pulse will be seen and a popup menu appears. password is service. Agree to warnings. Select service notifications to see if warnings cleared. Then select LV battery left margin. It should show all green and normal charging (it will probably say Atlas for the battery and says OK). That good as the Ohmmu will mimic a lead acid going forward.
FWIW, I've had V29 firmware for about a month now with now issues. The Ohmmu5 configuration (or it could show Ohmmu1 in your car) is a default configuration. Hence the need to set configuration to Model 3 when done. Living in FL with mild temps it should work well. Up in the NE the heating has helped me as it runs 13-20FF warner than outside air temperature.

FWIW, I've had V29 firmware for about a month now with now issues. The Ohmmu5 configuration (or it could show Ohmmu1 in your car) is a default configuration. Hence the need to set configuration to Model 3 when done. Living in FL with mild temps it should work well. Up in the NE the heating has helped me as it runs 13-20FF warner than outside air temperature.
Ok so I successfully did the Firmware update on V29. It shows successful but even this app won't show what firmware is currently installed. Also when I do the Update config. There isn't anything that references Ohmmu5. Only "Tesla Model 3". Am I in the right place? I've clicked the BMS Update and then from the list of options there isn't Ohmmu5 or a 1.

First Screen after the firmware update.

IMG_7560.png

IMG_7561.png

After Successful Update

IMG_7562.png

Attachments

• IMG_7560.png
    IMG_7560.png
    397.7 KB · Views: 12
Ok so I successfully did the Firmware update on V29. It shows successful but even this app won't show what firmware is currently installed. Also when I do the Update config. There isn't anything that references Ohmmu5. Only "Tesla Model 3". Am I in the right place? I've clicked the BMS Update and then from the list of options there isn't Ohmmu5 or a 1.

First Screen after the firmware update.

View attachment 1000871

View attachment 1000872

After Successful Update

View attachment 1000874
Right place. Nothing will show what firmware number is installed. Select update configuration and select Tesla Model 3. Ohmmu must have changed the default configuration to the one with the numbers. Remember the Firmware is for all Ohmmu batteries for all models hence the need to select the configuration for Tesla Model 3. The firmwares default has wide parameters and is a place holder. On my V29 is showed Ohmmu5 under current configuration before I switched to Tesla Model 3. Looks like you did it right.

Right place. Nothing will show what firmware number is installed. Select update configuration and select Tesla Model 3. Ohmmu must have changed the default configuration to the one with the numbers. Remember the Firmware is for all Ohmmu batteries for all models hence the need to select the configuration for Tesla Model 3. The firmwares default has wide parameters and is a place holder. On my V29 is showed Ohmmu5 under current configuration before I switched to Tesla Model 3. Looks like you did it right.
Ahh ok makes total sense!. Thank you so much for walking me through that!. I got the battery back in the car and the Service Menu shows the LV Battery is all in the green and happy. Hopefully, I'll have the same luck as you with V29.

Reactions: Flybyglass
Just to update since purchase and install, I’ve had the latest V4 Heated version on V29 and followed the instructions from @Flybyglass to change to Model 3 config and have had zero issues the last 3 weeks. Not one single event. The car has behaved exactly as it were my normal led acid battery, and for the past week, I have been on 2023.44.1 and still no issues.

Has anyone experienced their car shutting off when waking up or unplugging from a charger? I was told, (but havent yet verified) that my Model S I bought this year has an Ohmmu battery. I don’t have any codes, but almost daily now the car resets when waking, sometimes after sitting for just 30 minutes or overnight, sometimes right after unplugging. It’s also taken several anttempts to install updates. Only thing I can think of is it could be the LV battery or some contactor or DC-DC circuit, but it’s so intermittent that I can’t predict anything, and Tesla doesn’t see anything.

I’ve had it happen even with my Hankook 12V LA battery. Screen goes black or hard reboot. Like 5 full minutes until the car reboots. Also did it with ohmmu. Even had audio crackle a little too. It’s an odd one.
So a little complicated now. It was probably started by the bolt for the negative stud loosening because it was only a third of the length it should have been. bought a new bolt, and now the battery won’t charge or take any load whatsoever. So I’m putting it off to the side until I hear from Ohmmu on a replacement, and going to pick up an OEM lead battery this afternoon.