Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for advice re: accident

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To be honest, it may have been a 45 or 60 day wait. The paint was all done during the first time in the shop. I remember talking to the detail shop and they determined when the earliest the car could come in was and we set the date a while back. I do remember that it was an extended period of time and not "right after the car comes out of the shop" because the paint needs to cure and stop outgassing (their words).

Still in progress. Just got a low-ball offer from GEICO (~ half of what the DV estimate was). I'm going back to ask for a review and see how things go.
i just finished my claim with Geico; they low balled me pretty bad (my car was deemed totaled) and ended up hiring a 3rd party adjuster and went down the 3rd party arbitration route with Geico (might be different laws in your state).

Anyways the outcome was in my favor with the total value loss being increased >25%. Obviously YMMV.

Good luck.

Akash - congrats that's great you got your value increase.

drklain - how long have you been negotiating?

I will be filing a DV claim and loss of use claim with Safeco (other driver's insurance co). I haven't seen any one post about results with claims with Safeco. I'm in CA. Anyone have any idea what to expect with Safeco?

Still in progress. Just got a low-ball offer from GEICO (~ half of what the DV estimate was). I'm going back to ask for a review and see how things go.

Not bad! The "best and final" offer from the insurance company in my DV case is around 15% of the appraised loss of value, so I'd take 50% (and avoid court/lawyer costs) in a heartbeat!

Wow...15% of the apprised DV? That seems shockingly low. Did you use St. Lucie for your appraised DV? What was your value vs. what they offered? In my case, St. Lucie came up with a bit over $10K, GEICO offered just over $5K....

The process is ongoing so I'm not ready to provide specifics, but I can say I used an appraiser with Tesla experience. My vehicle suffered more severe damages (airbag deployment) than I believe yours did, so accordingly the appraised DV is higher, while the unnamed insurance company's multiple DV offers have consistently been significantly less than the number you have on the table.