Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Los Angeles Car Wash for Model 3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all! Bringing this post back to see if there are any good, reasonably priced places in the valley that have experience with hand-washing Teslas. Back when I had my Volt, I used to go to Lakeside car wash in Burbank and was pretty happy with them with my Volt, but now that I have a brand new Model 3, I'm considering looking elsewhere. I did a recent check on Yelp and they have two stars-yikes! Any recommendations in Studio City/Sherman Oaks/NoHo/Burbank or even Glendale area?

Thanks!

IMHO, the safest thing to do is to wash it yourself. You can buy a waterless car wash solution such as Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax and a bunch of microfiber towels. You can wash the whole car yourself in about 20 minutes. And as long as you use proper technique, you will not induce any scratches or swirls. This is much safer than any commercial car wash.

If you prefer to have someone else wash it, I would pay a professional mobile detailer to come to your home.

IMHO, the safest thing to do is to wash it yourself. You can buy a waterless car wash solution such as Meguiars D115 Express Wash and Wax and a bunch of microfiber towels. You can wash the whole car yourself in about 20 minutes. And as long as you use proper technique, you will not induce any scratches or swirls. This is much safer than any commercial car wash.

If you prefer to have someone else wash it, I would pay a professional mobile detailer to come to your home.

I agree.

I usually:
1. Go to those coin car washes and spray down my car
2. Go home and waterless wash

Reactions: joebruin77

Thanks for the advice and Go Bruins! (Class of '03 :) ) I would love to be able to wash it myself but when I'm in a pinch for time, I'd love to check out any recommendations that are reasonably priced. At work, there's a car wash service that does a really good job for $23. They work on Teslas all the time and since they have all day to do it, they do a really good job. But unfortunately, they're closed on the weekends and fill up really fast in the morning.

If anyone has recommendations, please pass along!

Reactions: joebruin77