Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loud fan noise

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m traveling, couldn’t download your post.

Try turning off the “climate” by touching the fan icon then the power icon on the popup. The car should go silent. If it does, then it’s the A/C which can be very loud from outside the car. That is normal.

Reactions: bigbear
Another new guy wondering about the condenser fan loudness? Normal. sounds like normal condenser fan operation to circulate the coolant for the a/c and also maybe to cool the battery. It will sound louder in your garage of course because of all the reflected sound waves. Mine is a lot louder than that supercharging when it is only 10 degrees Celsius if I happen to turn on the a/c.

Search people search. There must be a dozen threads regarding fan noise.

• Disagree
Reactions: optize
I’m traveling, couldn’t download your post.

Try turning off the “climate” by touching the fan icon then the power icon on the popup. The car should go silent. If it does, then it’s the A/C which can be very loud from outside the car. That is normal.

Thanks - it is indeed the AC. The noise is a loud pitch noise, not usual fan noise that you would expect from the AC. Just confirming the loud pitch is normal?

• Disagree
Reactions: dark cloud
I noticed something like this today. Somehow the HVAC had slipped out of Auto, and even though the manual setting was only +2, it sounded much louder. I put it back in Auto and things quieted down.

I’ll play more with it later.

Just had my both my condenser fans replaced. Sounded like auscultating or out of balance sound, or possibly bearings going out. Definitely louder than it has been over the last 4 years. Service said they needed replacement. 2016 S 90D. 39k miles. Just barely out of warranty. $648 out of pocket.