Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Temp Setting = A/C On?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bxr140

Nov 18, 2014
Bay Area
FYI--I can't find any relevant threads with a search...happy to be checked on that and can nuke this thread.

Issue: My car likes to automatically turn on the A/C, regardless my saved setting. This occurs both when first getting into my car as well as when I toggle between my two daily driver profiles. It doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time. There's a corollary setting that automatically turns on recirculation most of the time (I always manually set to the outside/fresh air setting), and usually this will be represented as a 'pastel-ed out blue' recirculation indicator (as opposed to the normal 'full blue').

This behavior is a relatively new thing--on the order of a few weeks or so--so I assume its the result of some SW update.

I THINK there's a correlation to the car automatically turning on A/C when the temp setting is "Lo", which presumably is also a feature of a recent update. Historically I've keet my temp setting on "Lo" unless I'm manually adjusting it otherwise, and I've never seen this A/C phenomenon before.

I'd love for this to be a user error issue, but I can't find a setting that would undo this behavior.

Help!