Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low Temp Setting = A/C On?

bxr140

Nov 18, 2014
Bay Area
FYI--I can't find any relevant threads with a search...happy to be checked on that and can nuke this thread.

Issue: My car likes to automatically turn on the A/C, regardless my saved setting. This occurs both when first getting into my car as well as when I toggle between my two daily driver profiles. It doesn't happen all the time, but most of the time. There's a corollary setting that automatically turns on recirculation most of the time (I always manually set to the outside/fresh air setting), and usually this will be represented as a 'pastel-ed out blue' recirculation indicator (as opposed to the normal 'full blue').

This behavior is a relatively new thing--on the order of a few weeks or so--so I assume its the result of some SW update.

I THINK there's a correlation to the car automatically turning on A/C when the temp setting is "Lo", which presumably is also a feature of a recent update. Historically I've keet my temp setting on "Lo" unless I'm manually adjusting it otherwise, and I've never seen this A/C phenomenon before.

I'd love for this to be a user error issue, but I can't find a setting that would undo this behavior.

Help!

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC