Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Low voltage battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for your reply. All steps previously done and after a week the car says "replace 12v battery".

I didn't perform the battery test because I don't have that gadget but I managed to recharge with a car battery charger and it takes sometimes only 30 minutes to charge from 12,6V to full indication and other times 1h30 (which is more normal) but I think it should need about 6-8h for a discharged 45Ah battery to go to full...

Well, this will be easier if the online shop where I bought the varta were more proactive to let me send it them for a test but they are doing all they can't do to not to do that haha.
Anyone who replaces batteries probably has a tester. If it tests good, it may be something else and require more troubleshooting.

Anyone who replaces batteries probably has a tester. If it tests good, it may be something else and require more troubleshooting.
The battery seller told me by phone that a workshop that work with him put 5 varta in Teslas and the 5 with the same issue as mine. Told me to use another brand instead of varta. I am going tomorrow to local Tesla service center because I am not going to buy more 12v battery if there is no warranty of being that the fault.

Reactions: Flybyglass
The battery seller told me by phone that a workshop that work with him put 5 varta in Teslas and the 5 with the same issue as mine. Told me to use another brand instead of varta. I am going tomorrow to local Tesla service center because I am not going to buy more 12v battery if there is no warranty of being that the fault.
Any 51R battery would also work. Specifications show must be greater than 33AH and 51R sizes are. Tesla battery is reasonably priced as well. The Tesla battery is 45AH ad 625 CCA. The Varta I have seen are 45AH 330CCA.