Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering springs on rear only m3p

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I'm curious if there would be any negative effects of installing lowering springs only on the rear of my m3p? I measured to the fenders and the fronts are 28" the rears are 29". So my thinking if I lower the rear with 1" lowering springs that should level it out and make both front and rear fenders 28" right? Or is there something I am missing? I am just trying to eliminate a little of the fender gap in the rear, the front gap doesnt bother me and I live in the mountains with a gravel driveway so I dont really want to lose and front clearance. Am I crazy for even trying this? I guess to preface I already bought a set of eibach springs that will lower it 1" front and rear, I have the rear installed already and debating if it's worth installing the fronts or just leaving it. I haven't got accurate measurements yet since I just installed them. Just a thought to stir some conversation..

Went for a quick spin around the block and seems to handle no different. Ride is fine, looks great, fender gap is even. Measured in my garage right at 28-1/8" all 4 corners.. might run it like this for a while.. odds are I'll install the fronts eventually but I'm happy for the time being..

I took one in my driveway but with the slope the gap looks bigger than on flat ground.. here are a couple in the garage.. it's very subtle but just what I was looking for. Front is stock springs, rear is eibach lr awd springs 1" drop.

Attachments

• 20221224_112901.jpg
    20221224_112901.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 20221224_173048.jpg
    20221224_173048.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 88
  • 20221224_173131.jpg
    20221224_173131.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 81
Yeah, that's perfectly fine and it looks great! Eibachs have about the same spring rate as stock so you'll have almost exactly the same ride and handling, assuming you trimmed the bump stops accordingly. If you didn't trim the stops, you might notice some slightly reduced handling qualities as the stops come into play near the extremes, but you'll also have slightly more ground clearance when heavily or diagonally loaded.

Reactions: drumminguy81