Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Delayed again until 1 pm Sunday. Better than being told you aren’t getting a car at all like some of the standard range+ people are being told today.

I'm nervous as things have gone silent again after car was not ready on 12/26. Still have the MVPA showing on account page, but VIN only shows in source code. My concern is whether they put me at the back of the line because I ordered when the cost was a bit cheaper (mid October). If they have unlimited demand, might as well hold my car for inventory and make an extra 1K. I'm hoping I'm just being pessimistic.

I'm nervous as things have gone silent again after car was not ready on 12/26. Still have the MVPA showing on account page, but VIN only shows in source code. My concern is whether they put me at the back of the line because I ordered when the cost was a bit cheaper (mid October). If they have unlimited demand, might as well hold my car for inventory and make an extra 1K. I'm hoping I'm just being pessimistic.
Hate to say but I think you are correct and not pessimistic.
Way to many reports now saying orders not going to make it by EOY. But magically Tesla made all these inventory cars instead so they can sell them for more $.
I really hope one of those buyers that got left behind works at a good law firm and does the right thing.

I'm tempted but would be paying about 1K more for the same car. This is where Tesla needs to be honest with those still waiting and tell us if we will get a car this year.

If you have an order in place for the exact same car and you don’t have a VIN for it yet, I would send a tweet to Elon letting him know that while Tesla has not delivered the car that was promised to you, they have the exact same car sitting inventory for $1K more that they won’t sell you. Then I would follow up with a manager at Tesla and pressure them to assign the VIN to you. It’s ridiculous that they would even make you go through this effort.

Blue/Black LR AWD with FSD
11/16 - Ordered
12/16 - VIN in Source
12/20 - Received MVPA (had to request from SA)
12/24 - VIN on page/Received text with scheduled delivery on 12/31 at 2 p.m.
12/28 - Received call from Tesla. "your car will not be leaving the manufacturing line... you'll have your car sometime in 2020... it could take several weeks..."
Bellevue, WA

Good luck everyone

I received a text last night confirming I won’t be receiving my 11/17 SR+ by EOY. I was angry and disappointed, but apparently not angry enough at Tesla because I jumped on the first white LR AWD available in inventory today (white/white/19s). Sorry to the person who originally ordered the car. I was told the original buyers couldn’t pick up because they are out of the country.

I received a text last night confirming I won’t be receiving my 11/17 SR+ by EOY. I was angry and disappointed, but apparently not angry enough at Tesla because I jumped on the first white LR AWD available in inventory today (white/white/19s). Sorry to the person who originally ordered the car. I was told the original buyers couldn’t pick up because they are out of the country.

How much was the difference (including tax+ everything) ?

I have to say, you will like LR AWD better for range and speed, Congratulations!
Do you know how many M3's are available at Rocklin SC?

Reactions: sacraM3nto

Congrats I guess although not your orig order. I have the LR AWD and apart from the range and speed bump, the premium interior adds some nice things. The sound system is really good, I appreciate the interior lights, and if you’re in a foggy area the fog lights come in handy. But the extra range is particularly nice to have especially with cold weather, using Sentry, cabin overheat during hot days, etc.

Reactions: sacraM3nto
I have to say, you will like LR AWD better for range and speed, Congratulations!
Do you know how many M3's are available at Rocklin SC?
Thanks! I’m pretty excited!
It looks like there’s a Red M3 LR AWD at Rocklin SC right now, but I don’t know if it’s preproduction or not (I’m not picking up in rocking anymore). However, I’ve been working with a Rocklin SA all day and he said that inventory changes frequently. Once a car is unassigned from someone’s account, it immediately goes to inventory so keep checking!