Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke to my DA about my blue LR AWD white interior. Ordered 3/13, 2018 VIN assigned and declined 3/17 after being refused any form of discount. Apparently there are no 2019 AWDs in white interior anywhere right now in any exterior color. If I wanted to switch to black interior (I don’t) there are a couple options in MSM. Interestingly if I wanted to step down to RWD, there were lots of choices in blue/white that were recently built in 2019 or if I wanted to step up to Performance also plenty of options built this week. Unfortunately I don’t want to do either of those.

Hopefully, since SR+ runs were earlier this year, LR RWD came after, and Performance coming out this week, LR AWDs are next!

• Informative
Reactions: moltenfire
Spoke to my DA about my blue LR AWD white interior. Ordered 3/13, 2018 VIN assigned and declined 3/17 after being refused any form of discount. Apparently there are no 2019 AWDs in white interior anywhere right now in any exterior color. If I wanted to switch to black interior (I don’t) there are a couple options in MSM. Interestingly if I wanted to step down to RWD, there were lots of choices in blue/white that were recently built in 2019 or if I wanted to step up to Performance also plenty of options built this week. Unfortunately I don’t want to do either of those.

Hopefully, since SR+ runs were earlier this year, LR RWD came after, and Performance coming out this week, LR AWDs are next!

I was told today in Texas that the there was a red with white interior AWD LR available as soon as this weekend. Of course, my order isn't available for 6-8 weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: shifteru
Tried calling help desk because still no VIN (26 days now)... cannot even connect. As soon as I hit the option for "Canada delivery" the line disconnects... lol I'm sure they are just back logged.

That happened to me as well, so I called my local store’s phone number and the selected the delivery option to get through to the delivery advisors (and was told who my assigned advisor was). Might work for you.

Last edited:
I just happened to pass by a tesla showroom and wanted to see if they had a SR in stock cuz I wanted to check out the seats and sound system. They didnt have one. I asked if they had any MR's in their inventory. They checked and said no. They asked about LR AWD. I said sure. They had a showroom LR AWD in red, black interior, 61 miles on it, 19 inch rims for 47k. I thought it was a pretty good deal to pass up. I was about to place an order for LR RWD in 1-2 weeks but I'm glad I stopped in today. I'm so excited.

I just happened to pass by a tesla showroom and wanted to see if they had a SR in stock cuz I wanted to check out the seats and sound system. They didnt have one. I asked if they had any MR's in their inventory. They checked and said no. They asked about LR AWD. I said sure. They had a showroom LR AWD in red, black interior, 61 miles on it, 19 inch rims for 47k. I thought it was a pretty good deal to pass up. I was about to place an order for LR RWD in 1-2 weeks but I'm glad I stopped in today. I'm so excited.
Is that price with autopilot?

That happened to me as well, so I called my local store’s phone number and the selected the delivery option to get through to the delivery advisors (and was told who my assigned advisor was). Might work for you.

Will try that, thanks. I'm sure they are trying to push these things out as fast as possible. I don't mind the wait but a little more communication would be nice.

Reactions: van_smile
Update on my LR AWD Blue/white ordered 3/13: My delivery date, which was never going to be official anyway because it was 3/31 at 2AM and then changed to 4/2 at 2AM is now gone completely and replaced with this:

"Estimated Delivery: within 2 weeks from order placed date
We will reach out to you to schedule your delivery date. Delivery time frame will be based on reservation date, order date, delivery location and vehicle configuration."

Two weeks from my order date was two days ago and I also got the generic "we will need to reschedule" text, so I guess I'm back in limbo. Good times!

Ordered LR AWD grey with white interior on March 1st 2019 in Ontario. Got a surprisingly quick tentative delivery date set on March 16th but when VIN appeared it was a 2018 so I told them I would wait for a 2019 build date. Then a second delivery on March 28th showed up.
When the VIN appeared it was still a 2018 build date so told them I would pass on that. Now I have an April 12 delivery date but no VIN as of yet. Fingers crossed that it will be a 2019.