Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few days after placing my order, I was offered a demo model, a late 12/2018 build of my exact configuration with less than 600 miles, with a healthy discount. Reading on these blogs of people who found problems when picking up there new cars, especially 2018 builds, I was very concerned. However, I picked up my car this afternoon. They prepped it, had it charged to over 90% (as I requested since the charging outlet won’t be installed in my garage for a few days) and made sure it had current software (Ver 9.0, 2019.5.15). I checked it out, inside and out, and could find no problems.

It was a great buying experience. One piece of advice: Check the numbers in the final sale agreement. Because of the discount, one of the tax line items in my sale agreement was slightly too high. They didn’t pass through the discounted price to the tax calculation, but I showed them the incorrect number and they immediately fixed it.

Good luck with your purchase.

I am really happy to read that! Looks like moving the car from wherever it is now to my location will take 5-7 days, so will update once I receive it!

I am in Seattle - ordered a LR AWD (Blue, Black, 19", FSD) on Saturday 3/16 and just got my vin assignment a few minutes ago - 2019 build and picking up 3/25 in Bellevue (WA.)

Congrats! I had the exact same config as you but I decided to accept a 2019 with Aero wheels and do a wheel swap in couple of weeks to the 19". I had to do it as my trade-in valuation was expiring but now I think I should have just waited. I am taking delivery on 3/24! Did not have an assigned VIN until 2 days back and so I relented. The only good part is that I am getting a $400 adjustment since its an inventory vehicle.

Test drove a P3+ on Feb 10 in PDX at the Macadam location. They had a 2018 on the lot. Black/Black premium interior. They also stated there were several on the west coast they could have delivered if I didn't want black/black.

Placed order 2/11. Arranged for trade in of my 2016 Audi A4 same day. They gave me a stupid amount of money on trade in for it.
Financing arranged by 2/13.
Picked up car 2/15.
Why are people waiting for these cars when they are already built a d sitting somewhere?
BTW -- everyone I had contact with was incredible.

Reactions: Scott7
Congrats! I had the exact same config as you but I decided to accept a 2019 with Aero wheels and do a wheel swap in couple of weeks to the 19". I had to do it as my trade-in valuation was expiring but now I think I should have just waited. I am taking delivery on 3/24! Did not have an assigned VIN until 2 days back and so I relented. The only good part is that I am getting a $400 adjustment since its an inventory vehicle.

Thanks, same to you! Are you picking it up in Bellevue? If so and the VIN ends in 426 let me know - that's the M3 I returned a few weeks ago that matches that exact configuration.

Has anyone from the US who ordered before Feb 28 still not got their car? I ordered a LR AWD red/white on Feb 12 and still no VIN. I am only a few miles from the Fremont factory too. I got a txt message yesterday about a delivery appointment tomorrow, but today my account went back to showing an estimated delivery in Feb...

Snagged one of those other west coast inventory P3Ds today. Ordered last Thursday. Worked with the Portland team too. All great to work with.

Test drove a P3+ on Feb 10 in PDX at the Macadam location. They had a 2018 on the lot. Black/Black premium interior. They also stated there were several on the west coast they could have delivered if I didn't want black/black.

Placed order 2/11. Arranged for trade in of my 2016 Audi A4 same day. They gave me a stupid amount of money on trade in for it.
Financing arranged by 2/13.
Picked up car 2/15.
Why are people waiting for these cars when they are already built a d sitting somewhere?
BTW -- everyone I had contact with was incredible.

Has anyone from the US who ordered before Feb 28 still not got their car? I ordered a LR AWD red/white on Feb 12 and still no VIN. I am only a few miles from the Fremont factory too. I got a txt message yesterday about a delivery appointment tomorrow, but today my account went back to showing an estimated delivery in Feb...
I also ordered on 2/28 for a MSM/white LR AWD. I’ve been asking around and can’t get any answer from anyone at Tesla. It’s pretty ridiculous that everyone I’ve talked to has told me something different.

Factory seems to be producing very few white interiors at this point. They obviously have many more orders for black interiors, and seem to be sticking with that to achieve max production for end of quarter. I think April may be the big production month for white interior. Then they could get to the SR cloth seats in May-June as part of the second quarter push.

Come the fall North American demand could be quite manageable, and they may choose to stimulate the market again.

Had our 2nd Model 3 delivered today. First one was Oct, 2018 and waited roughly 4 months. Ordered Sunday of this week (3/17) and delivered just 4 days later.

AWD
White
Black Int
18”
FSD

It was built 12/2018. Price adjustment of $3340, simply because it’s a 2018 (built a week before 2019, ha).

Got a ridiculously good price, I specially when you consider $3750 tax credit as well.

If you match a 2018, take and take the price adjustment. You cannot beat these deals.

I love Tesla.

Reactions: Scott7
Had our 2nd Model 3 delivered today. First one was Oct, 2018 and waited roughly 4 months. Ordered Sunday of this week (3/17) and delivered just 4 days later.

AWD
White
Black Int
18”
FSD

It was built 12/2018. Price adjustment of $3340, simply because it’s a 2018 (built a week before 2019, ha).

Got a ridiculously good price, I specially when you consider $3750 tax credit as well.

If you match a 2018, take and take the price adjustment. You cannot beat these deals.

I love Tesla.

I'd be taking delivery of the car they matched me with tomorrow, but they wouldn't give any type of discount.