Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dude.. I've done the same thing... Added and re-added FSD so many times it's ridiculous. It's a hard thing to commit to because it's great but also not super practical but yet an amazing party trick to have the car come pick you up not to mention it will get better over the years so you hate to not get it now and then Tesla adds something insane in the next 6 months and you regret the decision.
What'd you end up doing? It's currently on my order, but I just talked to 2 different friends that have M3s and each one gave me a different answer as to whether or not it's worth ordering.

What'd you end up doing? It's currently on my order, but I just talked to 2 different friends that have M3s and each one gave me a different answer as to whether or not it's worth ordering.
So, currently it's NOA and Smart Summon. You can easily live without both. Supposedly, feature complete might come out EOY or beginning of the next year to Alpha testers and then maybe a quarter later to a wide release. Could take longer because of the complexity and all the testing needed, but we might be getting it quite soon to play with.

There's a bit of a risk as it needs supervision and you are responsible, so maybe another 1-2 years until it's pretty safe.
Can you live without it? Yes, but it will be the coolest car gadget around to play with.

As far as robotaxi, don't know if anybody counts on income from it; it might take several years until it's in legal status and safe. I am not certain whether I'd send my car to TN.

So, there's personal toy use and money maker use (not very soon).

Interesting. I ordered the exact same car on 10/18 and no VIN has shown up in the source code. Not sure if they are producing based on area within the US? I am in San Jose.

Does getting a VIN assigned have any relation to when delivery will be? I know when you are within striking distance of the estimated delivery it matters, but using this an example, does the VIN assignment mean it may come before the 5-9 weeks or just that they are scheduling what car you will get when that time comes?

I don’t see myself ever letting go and trusting a car to make all my decisions. The only self driving feature I would use is parking. And that’s not worth $6000.

Enhanced autopilot already includes traffic aware cruise control and auto steering. That’s all I would probably use anyway.
You'd be surprised. AP is getting better all the time. It still has few hiccups, but once you are familiar with them on your route, you'd be pretty comfortable just supervising the car and letting it make the decisions. I think the same will apply to FSD - you supervise until you get comfortable. The car will eventually be a better driver than you. Few times when I was not on AP I missed seeing cars that I think the AP would see. So, I can totally see that when AP/FSD gets better, I will delegate the driving to them to de-risk the trip.

I took it off but i'm strongly considering adding it back on. Problem is. I'm leasing so it would really be throw away money if I went ahead and kept it. I do strongly believe Tesla will reverse course on the "You must turn in your lease at the end deal" I think they'll change 3 years from now for sure.

I took it off but i'm strongly considering adding it back on. Problem is. I'm leasing so it would really be throw away money if I went ahead and kept it. I do strongly believe Tesla will reverse course on the "You must turn in your lease at the end deal" I think they'll change 3 years from now for sure.
Also leasing. I really can’t justify $6k for a car I’m handing back in, in a few years, no matter how I look at it.

Reactions: XLR82XS
Hello all, new to the forum..
Ordered 10/13 in SoCal
Black/Black/Aero, LR, FSD
Initially told 2-4 weeks
Website stills says two weeks
Just got an email from the Tesla store for an owners orientation meeting and it said expect delivery LAST TWO WEEKS OF DECEMBER
Kinda stinks but hoping for a sweet Christmas present!!

• Informative
Reactions: FutureShock
Hello all, new to the forum..
Ordered 10/13 in SoCal
Black/Black/Aero, LR, FSD
Initially told 2-4 weeks
Website stills says two weeks
Just got an email from the Tesla store for an owners orientation meeting and it said expect delivery LAST TWO WEEKS OF DECEMBER
Kinda stinks but hoping for a sweet Christmas present!!

Which delivery center informed you of this? Ordered 10/11 and was told 6-8 weeks by Costa Mesa. Still no Vin, MSM LR AWD, 19" wheels, no FSD

La Jolla in San Diego
Copy of yesterday’s email:

We also wanted to remind you of a few things:

• Your Tesla Advisor will be your main point of contact until the day you pick up your Tesla! If you are unfamiliar with your advisor, please reach out and I will be happy to link you together!
  • We are expecting delivery of your vehicle to be within the last 2 weeks of December-
    • If a vehicle does become available sooner- your advisor will reach out to you and notify you of updated timeline