Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Light at the end of the tunnel. Ordered Oct 10, when the ETA was less than 2 weeks. Changed from SR+ to LR about a month in, lost $900 on my trade-in offer almost two months in, was given a delivery estimate while we’re away for Christmas, changed my order for a pre-production sleeper last Friday, got a call yesterday saying it was ready to pick, and set to go get it tomorrow. Sigh. Hopefully the experience of owning the car will be much better than buying it.

Anyone in Buena Park, CA area got deliveries or know when it's coming? Sucks that my insurance will be expiring 12/15 and wanted to get new insurance for Tesla but can't even do that without a VIN. Such a dilemma, as once I get a new policy started, that's when Tesla will finally give me a VIN.

Ordered 11/10
White/Black, LR AWD, Aero
Thought these would be common enough to be pumping out. But, we shall see.

Light at the end of the tunnel. Ordered Oct 10, when the ETA was less than 2 weeks. Changed from SR+ to LR about a month in, lost $900 on my trade-in offer almost two months in, was given a delivery estimate while we’re away for Christmas, changed my order for a pre-production sleeper last Friday, got a call yesterday saying it was ready to pick, and set to go get it tomorrow. Sigh. Hopefully the experience of owning the car will be much better than buying it.
If you got a sleeper go to the sleeper thread please.

*reaches into a small bag of SmartFood White Cheddar popcorn for another mouthful*

SA sent me a text yesterday saying to expect the VIN this week - still not available in source page as of this morning. Was told delivery will happen before end of year and "hopefully" before Xmas.

Saw someone on the M3 tracking page mention he ordered on 12/9 and saw his VIN show up in source today.

[STATUS]: LR AWD | MSM | black interior | Autopilot | Aero | ordered 12/8 | no VIN

SA sent me a text yesterday saying to expect the VIN this week - still not available in source page as of this morning. Was told delivery will happen before end of year and "hopefully" before Xmas.

Saw someone on the M3 tracking page mention he ordered on 12/9 and saw his VIN show up in source today.

[STATUS]: LR AWD | MSM | black interior | Autopilot | Aero | ordered 12/8 | no VIN

How did you get an SA? I ordered on 12/7 but haven't gotten a VIN yet.
[STATUS]: LR AWD | MSM | black interior | Autopilot | Aero | ordered 12/7 | no VIN

How did you get an SA? I ordered on 12/7 but haven't gotten a VIN yet.
[STATUS]: LR AWD | MSM | black interior | Autopilot | Aero | ordered 12/7 | no VIN

Call your local center/store. When I called to check things they let me know who my SA was and their contact information (turned out my SA was at a store other than the one I thought it was going to be delivered to). Shortly thereafter he emailed me anyway and this was before I had a VIN.

Anyone in Buena Park, CA area got deliveries or know when it's coming? Sucks that my insurance will be expiring 12/15 and wanted to get new insurance for Tesla but can't even do that without a VIN. Such a dilemma, as once I get a new policy started, that's when Tesla will finally give me a VIN.

Ordered 11/10
White/Black, LR AWD, Aero
Thought these would be common enough to be pumping out. But, we shall see.

Ordered 10/23 white/white LR AWD 19” rims no fsd. No VIN
Keep calling Buena Park and the same response the past 4 weeks. “Should be this week, they are trickling in.”

For those lacking information on their cars, try calling your local dealer. I have been going through University Village Tesla and they have been so incredibly kind and helpful. Its like a breath of fresh air after having to deal with BMW and my i3 lease return.

So I ordered on 12/2 LR white/white FSD and when I called today they went into detail on my account and made a few changes and pushed my order contract out so I can finalize my loan paperwork. He also told me my vin (I already knew from the source code) and said that the car is most likely in transit. He seemed to think that most deliveries in the Seattle area that were made before 12/8 would be delivered this year. I will note however, that I have also spoken with Bellevue Tesla and the woman there seemed less sure about deliveries being completed by EOY.

if in doubt, I thinking calling is a good idea :)

Is it worth it going to the Carlsbad orientation or waste of time?? Received an invite last month but couldn’t make it but from what I understand on these forums they are a waste of time.....

Not a waste of time, but I can imagine it being a much better experience. Because of the number of people there, they break you in to groups to get individual attention at a few stations: Charging, Smart Summons, Features, etc. Those groups ended up being too big - my group was 25-30 people. We did get some time chatting with some reps where we learned about some great timing tips for our solar and charger installation. We also got to preview the new solar panels that we wont use, but they are cool. Multiple times the mentioned that we should plan to be in and out in 15 minutes - and to ask questions now. o_O

We also had the opportunity to resolve a question they had about our insurance card, so getting a review of our account gave us more confidence in the process.

It was interesting because the smart summon demos weren't working very well. Apparently the new delivery center is in a cell phone dead spot, so the parking lot had very limited service. A little egg on their face when demos fail to deliver. :)