Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email from Tesla - "We are so excited to deliver your new Tesla to your home! Your car is scheduled to complete production in the next 1-3 weeks"

I do not have a VIN yet (not even in the source code), they haven't provided a final pricing sheet that my financial institution needs to process my loan. I have a couple of questions -

- When do I get the final pricing sheet (MVPA) from Tesla? Who do I need to follow up with to ensure that I get it in time to have financing ready?
- They say "deliver to your home" - I live 20 mins from the Fremont factory, would I have an option to pick my car at the factory?

Just got an email from Tesla - "We are so excited to deliver your new Tesla to your home! Your car is scheduled to complete production in the next 1-3 weeks"

I do not have a VIN yet (not even in the source code), they haven't provided a final pricing sheet that my financial institution needs to process my loan. I have a couple of questions -

- When do I get the final pricing sheet (MVPA) from Tesla? Who do I need to follow up with to ensure that I get it in time to have financing ready?
- They say "deliver to your home" - I live 20 mins from the Fremont factory, would I have an option to pick my car at the factory?
How long ago did you order, if I may ask? Just trying to get a rule of thumb for mine. :)

I am little confused with members talking about uploading insurance card. Unfortunately my SA is very unresponsive so I do not get much info out of him.
I have two open items on my account page - the trade-in and the payment. I was advised to leave either of them as-is until I have a VIN assigned. I am not sure yet if I even accept their trade-in offer.

Either way, where do I upload my insurance card and why would I upload an insurance card that does not have the Tesla on it?

I am little confused with members talking about uploading insurance card. Unfortunately my SA is very unresponsive so I do not get much info out of him.
I have two open items on my account page - the trade-in and the payment. I was advised to leave either of them as-is until I have a VIN assigned. I am not sure yet if I even accept their trade-in offer.

Either way, where do I upload my insurance card and why would I upload an insurance card that does not have the Tesla on it?
The insurance entry comes up after you complete everything else (including trade in).

The logic behind entering insurance for another car is beyond me... But you can change it later, so not really a big deal imho

I am in the same situation. I had not accepted the trade-in because I wanted them to match carmax. But I got a call several weeks after I ordered and the tesla advisor told me they wont move forward until I accept the trade-in and click "submit". He said before delivery I can send them the carmax offer and they will match it at that time. I got it in writing so I am hoping they will honor it. Right after I submitted that form online, I got a message saying I will know of a delivery date 2-6 weeks later. You need a VIN in order to upload an insurance card, unless you live in the 7-8 states where tesla will take your current insurance card. I asked my tesla advisor and he said to leave that part alone till I get my VIN. Its past 2 week point and I have not got a VIN, my tesla advisor told me it could be any time now.. I dont think tesla advisors know jack, it will happen when the gigafactory assigns one it could well be end of March.

Some of the things with advisors is why I decided to go to my local delivery center (fortunately it's only about 30 minutes from my house) and order there instead of directly online. That way my SA is the guy at the local center I spoke to and he's my point of contact.

As far as insurance card, it probably varies depending on the state as well. Massachusetts doesn't have insurance cards, for example. I believe the insurance information is instead linked to our car's registration, so if you have that info, you also have the insurance info.

I think I'll just swing by one of their showrooms which is close to my work. Fortunately we got 3 or 4 Tesla locations here in the Atlanta area. I should have just ordered with them after my test drive to take some of the FUD out of the process.
I know it's not a big deal and I should be patient - well, that's not me :)

Does anyone have insights into questions above? MVPA and how to request delivery at an SC or the Fremont factory vs. home

Just got a text from Tesla asking me to fill in some info related to my trade-in (i.e. upload a copy of the title) and my financing to speed up delivery. No VIN yet using the known tricks I could find to see if I can get it, but the text did say that I'll get priority once I submit those tasks. Hopefully I'll be getting a VIN soon.

Just got a text from Tesla asking me to fill in some info related to my trade-in (i.e. upload a copy of the title) and my financing to speed up delivery. No VIN yet using the known tricks I could find to see if I can get it, but the text did say that I'll get priority once I submit those tasks. Hopefully I'll be getting a VIN soon.

when did you order and whats your config?