Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3 Windscreen Wipers missing Driver side

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
and how did you fix that? my wipers do exactly the same as the OP - in fact the photos could have been taken from my car haha
Mine was fixed by getting a new set of blades which are identical to the OEM's. Mine was caused by a different brand which has a slightly thicker stem.

Not sure how its done if the wipers are OEM. May need the spring adjusting on the arm? not sure how thats done tho.

thanks where can I get the OEM ones?
OEM from here on the Tesla Website. (£21 per blade)

Or a similar version to the OEMs (i get these and are identical) - you need 1 of each. (£21.11 for the set)
Long blade - Lucas LWDF26J Wiper Blades
Short blade - Lucas LWDF19J Wiper Blades

• Informative
Reactions: thax1
It was about 2-3 degrees yesterday, so it's possible. Although we had been driving for about an hour at that point, and it continued to do it through the day whilst temps were around 5-6 degrees, so who knows?
Bear in mind you don't have an engine heating up your screen wash or the blades themselves. So driving for an hour would have made little difference to the temp.

I have a similar issue but in the opposite corner of the screen. Basically the bottom left of the passenger side does exactly the same as the OP. Car and blades well washed this weekend but no difference - was absolutely filthy only 4 hours later and completely water my time!

Hi all,

As a newbie to Tesla (Collected on 30th Dec 2022), I'm just wondering if the issue I'm facing is fairly normal for Tesla drivers?

Essentially, the drivers side wiper misses quite a big, maybe 6-7 inches, chunk of the bottom right of the windscreen. Yesterday, we encountered this quite badly with the low winter sun and wet roads. Hopefully you can see in the images what I'm referring to.

Would this be a service request, or is this normal for a Tesla Model 3's wipers?

Thanks,
Ash
I checked this again today. By pressing the stalk some bits of the corner does get better but a little triangle continues to be dirty near the driver side. I am noticing this more now for the past few days because of the weather. Attached a picture. I also noticed the wiper blade is not long enough to cover that side of the triangle unless water sprays and unfortunately water doesn’t reach up to that corner. A design flaw with a short wiper blade - a bit longer one will hit the sides. May be started noticing it more and more when the weather is pretty awful and no rain. Typical design for California but not ‘appropriate’ for the classic british weather.
5B9277FF-FFA9-44BB-8127-6DD0D977CE6C.jpeg

How did you get on with the booking?
I forgot to update the forum, didn't I? My bad! :)

So, the ranger didn't show up during the 8am-12pm slot I was allocated, so I messaged in the app querying if it was going ahead that day. They apologised and got the ranger to call me, who apologised also and said he thought I was in his afternoon slot instead of the morning.

Not a bother as I had taken the day off work anyway due to other things I had to do later that day, so was happy for him to come over as soon as he was able. He arrived in the next hour or so, and basically replaced the 2 wiper blades.

Since then, I've had 1 case of part of the windscreen being missed again so I'm not sure what to try next... Wait it out, and hope it doesn't happen again, or persist with Tesla Service?