Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

M3P VS M3D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My advice would be to get what makes YOU happy. You're not going to get objective opinions on here, as a) everyone has his/her own priorities, b) we live in a culture where (stupid or not), people often have ego wrapped up in what car they drive (or what trim they drive, ex. P3D vs. 3D, or BMW M3 vs. 340i vs. 330i, for example). I'm sure many people wish they'd gotten the P3D and for whatever reason (budget, practicality, priorities, etc.) did not, and no doubt some who sprung for the P3D regret doing so.

The P3D is objectively faster, regardless of what testing methodology was used by whom, and has various other aesthetic and performance upgrades as you well know. Aesthetics can be replicated easily (and probably less expensively) via aftermarket additions, but the performance difference cannot. If it's worth it to you, do it. If it isn't, then don't. Simple as that.

Agreed, in a forum like this owners are naturally justifying their purchases, which may mean nothing to another person with different priorities for the car. For example, I value the extra performance from the M3P for the $8500 delta over an M3D with 19" wheels. Some think the $6k for FSD is worth the money. Some want both, some think neither is worth it.

My wife has an SR+, performs great and doesn't need the extra range for daily driving. Performance cars are my hobby so the M3P was the only choice for me. Neither of us felt FSD was worth the extra $6k at this point. Different strokes for different folks, which is why people need to decide for themselves.

Reactions: Spacep0d