TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Maintenance cost on a used 2013 P85 (78k miles)

Discussion in 'Model S: Driving Dynamics' started by Alohafreddy, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Alohafreddy

Alohafreddy New Member

Aloha from Hawaii, i just bought a used model S P85 with 78k miles on it. I am a newbie and really needs a lot of advise with regards to the do’ and dont’s on the car Driving and maintenance. What should I expect?

2. artsci

artsci Sponsor

I have a 2013 with nearly that much mileage. By this time any kinks will have been worked out — door handles, drive train, etc. — and not much should go wrong unless the previous owner abused the car. So the maintenance will not be much — replace the battery coolant annually, brake fluid refesh, check brake pads — normal kind of stuff. Check the alignment twice a year, keep the tire pressures at spec, plug the car in every night, don’t charge to 100 percent unless you’re planning a long trip and won’t let the car sit at 100 percent of charge for long, and don’t ever let the battery fully drain (but it helps to run it down to single digits now and then). Should cost about $1K a year unless some major component fails.

Good luck!