Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Map won't load in app since update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since the recent android Tesla app update, the map won't run inside the app. When I go to location--and click the arrow for directions or to see superchargers I get an error message that says map unable to load. My phone isn't old, its a galaxy S21, and it's up to date on updates. Anyone else experienced this or figured out why this is happening?

Since the recent android Tesla app update, the map won't run inside the app. When I go to location--and click the arrow for directions or to see superchargers I get an error message that says map unable to load. My phone isn't old, its a galaxy S21, and it's up to date on updates. Anyone else experienced this or figured out why this is happening?
I have the same issue and it is still nor fixed... any good news?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, no. My app updated a few days ago and still the same error. The email to report bugs in the app is no longer monitored so I'm not sure how to even report it
How do you know it isn't monitored? While I had a TON of issues with the tesla android app, I didn't have this issue on my note 10+ before I switched to iphone. I just now checked my note 10+ and the map is still loading on it just fine. Being an android user for 10+ years, my first instinct would be to tell you to clear app cache and data. Press and hold on the app, click the "i" button (info) go to storage and click clear data and clear cache. Just make sure you have a key card with you just in case it makes you repair the phone key when you relog in.

Also please respond with results so others can find the solution if it works :)

Upvote 0
How do you know it isn't monitored? While I had a TON of issues with the tesla android app, I didn't have this issue on my note 10+ before I switched to iphone. I just now checked my note 10+ and the map is still loading on it just fine. Being an android user for 10+ years, my first instinct would be to tell you to clear app cache and data. Press and hold on the app, click the "i" button (info) go to storage and click clear data and clear cache. Just make sure you have a key card with you just in case it makes you repair the phone key when you relog in.

Also please respond with results so others can find the solution if it works :)
I emailed them and got an auto reply back saying it was no longer monitored. I'll try that and see if it helps

Upvote 0
No luck. Cleared cache and data, still says error unable to load map from within the app
Do you run any sort of ad blocker? I used adguard system wide adblocking, never had an issue, but it might. Have you tried on wifi and cellular? Do you have any issues with google maps? (should use google maps as a base for loading the map) Try downloading an older version of the app online, see if it fixes it. If it does, update and see if it breaks again. May be a compatibility issue with your phone build specifically

Upvote 0