Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Scroll wheel scans all radio stations since new update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I use the left scroll wheel to click through my radio station favorites. Since last update it’s changed to now scan through every available radio station. So only way to access favorites takes 3 swipes and distracted driving. Anyone else experiencing same?
No. The last time I changed radio stations Carter was President.

Upvote 0
Started to notice the same issue after an update a few weeks back. Just updated to 44.30.8 a couple of days ago and still have the same problem. Scans through every station, not just the favorites. I only have TWO radio station favorites, so it's a major pain in the rear to have to use the screen just to switch between them.

Upvote 0
Many of you must be middle managers afraid to speak your mind, or engineers with no emotions. I'm in sales and I'll call it like it is. This new layout is garbage. I can see six of my favorites, and 15 stations I'll never look at. Pay attention Tesla engineers, fix this garbage or find yourselves new jobs because you're bad at it. (Exaggerations for affect only).

• Funny
Reactions: nicksp
Upvote 0
Talked to a tech and I think we narrowed it down. Scrolling through favorites actually does still work. But you have to go slow….

Reason is when you scroll to next favorite there is a delay in the system recognizing that it is a favorite. You can see this by looking at the favorite “star”. It takes a second or two to fill in. Some stations fill in right away so you won’t notice the issue with these.

So when you scroll before the system recognizes your current station is a favorite it just seeks the next station.

The result is fast = seek/scan and slow = favorites. Pretty sure this isn’t by design and still frustrating to click slowly through when you know you want to go 3 stations over.

Tech told me to resubmit a service request and get this in their radar. I’m sure that’ll be so not frustrating and completely stress free.

Will update if I hear back.

Reactions: Falcon73
Upvote 0
Talked to a tech and I think we narrowed it down. Scrolling through favorites actually does still work. But you have to go slow….

Reason is when you scroll to next favorite there is a delay in the system recognizing that it is a favorite. You can see this by looking at the favorite “star”. It takes a second or two to fill in. Some stations fill in right away so you won’t notice the issue with these.
Thank you! I will try this out. This was never an issue with my prior Teslas but this has been driving me nuts on our new M3H.

Upvote 0
After much more testing this definitely works, BUT only if you don't have any HD2 stations favorited. I imagine it's the same for HD3s but I don't have any saved.

It works until you tune to the HD2 but the favorite star doesn't fill in. If you tune the HD1 first it will fill in but it still gets bumped from favorites mode.

This is annoying since 106.7 KROQ HD2, Rock of the 80s, is one of my top favorite stations here in the LA area.

Also, our M3H is on 2024.2.7.

Upvote 0
Many of you must be middle managers afraid to speak your mind, or engineers with no emotions. I'm in sales and I'll call it like it is. This new layout is garbage. I can see six of my favorites, and 15 stations I'll never look at. Pay attention Tesla engineers, fix this garbage or find yourselves new jobs because you're bad at it.
Work for Boeing Seattle by chance?

Upvote 0