Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mass Inspections near Peabody

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for suggesting this great place for inspection stickers. I was in & out in only 13 minutes. It was worth my travel from Seaport, Boston. So good that I returned with wife's mercedes for a new sticker too.

Yeah, I went at the beginning of COVID and it was equally as quick and good. They also let me pull it out of the bay after even though there are signs everywhere saying they won't allow that. I will definitely be going back next year.

Did they require to drive your car?

I live pretty close to this place and need to get mine inspected and looking for a place that knows what to do with an EV.

They pulled mine into the bay, but had me take it out. It did not leave the lot and I could watch it the whole time while I waited.

Yeah, I went at the beginning of COVID and it was equally as quick and good. They also let me pull it out of the bay after even though there are signs everywhere saying they won't allow that. I will definitely be going back next year.

They pulled mine into the bay, but had me take it out. It did not leave the lot and I could watch it the whole time while I waited.
Fantastic! I'll head over there today, thanks.

Reactions: xcrunner41888
Update: yesterday, I went to Mass Inspection, Inc. at 712 Mystic Ave, Somerville, and the guy was awesome - highly recommended. There was no line and I got my inspection done in about 5-10 minutes.

There were 3 guys working there, one was more junior, the other two were experienced with Teslas. When one of the experienced guys pulled my car into the bay, the junior one was moving a lift under the front of my car. This got me nervous but the other 2 guys told him not to jack up the car b/c it's a Tesla and there are specific jack points that must be used to prevent damage to the battery and underside of the car. Since my car was brand new (40 miles on it), he didn't need to jack up my car. The guy was super friendly and nice.

Update: yesterday, I went to Mass Inspection, Inc. at 712 Mystic Ave, Somerville, and the guy was awesome - highly recommended. There was no line and I got my inspection done in about 5-10 minutes.

There were 3 guys working there, one was more junior, the other two were experienced with Teslas. When one of the experienced guys pulled my car into the bay, the junior one was moving a lift under the front of my car. This got me nervous but the other 2 guys told him not to jack up the car b/c it's a Tesla and there are specific jack points that must be used to prevent damage to the battery and underside of the car. Since my car was brand new (40 miles on it), he didn't need to jack up my car. The guy was super friendly and nice.

I explained concern about damaging battery case and they pointed to the exact location for safely lifting the vehicle. They drove it in and out of the garage, a distance of only 40 ft. No joy riding. Some inspection shops don't like credit cards but these guys were fine with it. A totally positive experience.

I went to High Street Service in Danvers
60 High St
Danvers, MA 01923
United States
The service tech did not want to drive my car. I got to stay in it and drive it into the garage.
Took 10 minutes. Only time I had to get out was for him to take a picture of the mileage.
Said he gets a lot of Tesla's. I was the second one that morning.
Thank you so much for this recommendation. I was in and out in a few minutes and the person was familiar with the vehicle.

I tried to go to my regular inspection station that I had been going to for years, and they told me they don’t inspect electrics!