Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Massive phantom battery drain on 2023.6.11 after yoke replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DayTrippin

Supporting Member
Apr 30, 2021
TX
Since I had my yoke replaced 2 days ago, and was updated to 2023.6.11 I've seen incredible phantom battery drain. I am losing about 1.35 mph and my car is in the garage. It has lost almost 5 kWh in just 16 hours. No accessories are on. No cabin cooling either as the garage is about 73 degrees. I lost 12% of the battery since charging it on Friday.

To put this in comparison, my car had sat for almost a month as I had surgery and couldn't drive. I didn't lose 4% in the entire month it sat. I am not losing 4% per day. This is crazy. Is anyone else experiencing this with this version of SW?

Sounds normal if you have Sentry mode on or Summon Standby on. Both options require keeping the main processor up and running, which takes about 200-300W/h. Figure about 1 mile of range loss per hour. Another thing to look for is a door left slightly ajar. Even 1/4" is enough to keep the car powered up.

Very much doubt it has anything to do with your software update, but to be fair, I've not gotten that update yet.

No sentry mode, no FSD so no summon on. Car is all buttoned up, I just checked before seeing your reply.

I just give it the 2 finger salute to reboot and see if that makes a difference.

Nothing has changed other than the yoke swap out and updating to the version of SW I indicated. The car is still sitting in the same place it has been for the last 6 weeks.

Since I rebooted everything, it seems to have stopped its very rapid drain. Nothing was open or running from what I could tell in the car. No sentry mode, climate control, etc.

My initial thought was maybe the tech had done something by accident. He had to come back out after the initial install to get the serial number off the wheel. For some reason, he had opened the frunk according to my app before he put it in service mode again.

At least now it isn't discharging as badly as it was initially after the yoke replacement. It does seem to maybe be a touch faster than before but I can probably live with it as is. I'll track it for more time but so far the reboot looks to have solved it.