Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MATS for the MX 2019

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car travels & exists in good weather all yr round...granted it rains wherever it is tho. wondering if there is a great floor mat for that kind of environment that would also come with a side that rises above the floor area to protect some of the side.surrounding the floor like the weathertec or similar brands?? thanks in advance

Either the Weathertech or the MaxPider would work for that. I have had Weathertech on several cars and they were great protection but difficult to clean. I would spray and scrub and they looked good until they dried then they looked like they had a light dried mud on them. May have been my faulty cleaning but that was my experience.

You can look on YouTube for videos of the Weathertech in Teslas and they don't seem to fit. The side pulls out from the car.

I ordered the Maxpider Kagu mats for my six seater and so far I am very happy. But have not had them long enough to clean them so we will see. The do look a little less industrial than the Weathertech which is fine for me with the Model X.

Either the Weathertech or the MaxPider would work for that. I have had Weathertech on several cars and they were great protection but difficult to clean. I would spray and scrub and they looked good until they dried then they looked like they had a light dried mud on them. May have been my faulty cleaning but that was my experience.

You can look on YouTube for videos of the Weathertech in Teslas and they don't seem to fit. The side pulls out from the car.

I ordered the Maxpider Kagu mats for my six seater and so far I am very happy. But have not had them long enough to clean them so we will see. The do look a little less industrial than the Weathertech which is fine for me with the Model X.

Great info Thank you
are they difficult to take out ? looks like they snap in place...i'd like to throw in and take out easy. No doubt the Maxpider looks the best

thank you
but do they snap in place or can i just lay them in? i seriously don't want to snap & unsnap things ...i have sensitive back..like to avoid that kind of thing
I just got my X and went with WeatherTech for everything. They have Velcro in the stock locations that attach to the rug once u remove the stock floor mat. They come up nice and high on the driver and passenger side too. I recommend them. I’m in north jersey if ur close and wanted to look before hand.

I second (or maybe third) the MaxPider 3D mats. The 3D logo on the front is ugly as sin, but the mats fit very well and have nice edges to contain spills.

They do not snap in place. I just lay them on top of the carpeted mat that came with the X and it works great. Does not move around at all. The second row (mine is 5 seater) fits snugly around the second row supports which also helps them from moving around. They also have a sort of Velcro like backing to help it grip the rugs.

Very happy with them. I used a weathertec for the back storage area though.

https://amzn.to/31fEnA9

Last edited: