Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Matte Black Paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey guys,

Anyone consider getting a Matte Black paint wrap over the current color?

I saw it was teased by Elon, but never put in production.

Not sure how feasible it is. I'm also considering getting a CPC and/or wrap performed. Not sure if all of these can get done.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers,

JD

It is very feasible. There are plenty of posts on here with different color wraps. I did a satin black on a previous car. On my 3, I decided to do a satin dark gray. As long as it is done professionally, it looks just like a paint job.
M3_Satin_Gray.jpg

I don't recall exactly what the wrap cost. I had few things done for a total of about $4500. The wheels were powder coated black, calipers painted red, chrome delete (wrapped in black), center console wrap (same color as exterior), exterior wrap and ceramic coating. The ceramic coating makes washing easier as the dirt comes off easier. The coating can be applied to a car with or without a wrap. I believe it is around $500 by itself.

The only downside of the wrap is that it is only supposed to last 3-5 years. I figure when it starts to wear, I can switch the color. Underneath the wrap, the car is black.