Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mid-Range Real World Range

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a short road trip yesterday in my 11/2018 MR and I charged to 99% at a destination charger. This only gave me 237 miles, which was lower than I expected. I’m assuming charging to 100% would equal ~240, so a 24 mile or 9% reduction in just under 2 years. I’ve not done much driving in a while so not sure what influence that has, but I’d hope it stabilizes at this level. At 100%/240miles this still let’s me start a road trip with over 3 1/2 hours of continuous highway driving, by then I’d need a coffee break and 10-15 min at a super charger easily gets the next 2 hours of driving time. (I have gotten over 200kW on a V3 SC with the Mid-Range.) On trips from VA to Fla, VA to Maine and VA to upstate NY I have not felt the needed for more range. I usually keeping it charged to 80% and plugged in.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
On a short road trip yesterday in my 11/2018 MR and I charged to 99% at a destination charger. This only gave me 237 miles, which was lower than I expected. I’m assuming charging to 100% would equal ~240, so a 24 mile or 9% reduction in just under 2 years. I’ve not done much driving in a while so not sure what influence that has, but I’d hope it stabilizes at this level. At 100%/240miles this still let’s me start a road trip with over 3 1/2 hours of continuous highway driving, by then I’d need a coffee break and 10-15 min at a super charger easily gets the next 2 hours of driving time. (I have gotten over 200kW on a V3 SC with the Mid-Range.) On trips from VA to Fla, VA to Maine and VA to upstate NY I have not felt the needed for more range. I usually keeping it charged to 80% and plugged in.

Um.....you stated in your first sentence that you charged to 99%, not 100%, so it was three miles less than your "expected" range......

Reactions: ElectricIAC
So with all the increase in ranges. Even the standard plus will be increased to 263 miles. Which is one mile short of the 264 mid-range. Is there any info about the midrange or long range rear wheel drive getting a range increase?

I wouldn’t count on it, it is what it is. I would like to at least see an acceleration boost offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.