Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mikey from EV4K in Oz

What do you think of EV4K?

• If it helps to sell EVs go for it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get your videos out of my face, you wasted part of my life...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
G'day all!

My name is Mikey and I am a 2D/3D Motion Graphic Designer who was made redundant from a job I was in for 15+ years! Ouch... But I did get a Golden handshake and I realised that after I survived a brain-bruising-bump falling off my electric skateboard (with a helmet on) that I got a second life. I recovered almost back to where I started after 6 months and as did my love for electric cars.

I swore that when I got my first job (15 years ago) that I would go buy my dream car, a Mazda RX-7 Spirit-R Rotary masterpiece when I had the money... (what a wankel right?) that time came and I realised that I didn't want to pay for a car that would probably spend most of it's time in a mechanic workshop getting it's engine rebuilt. So while I thought that I was a car guy, I was actually a guy who wanted the fun but zero maintenance.

So my love of Tesla began just after it went IPO and I knew nothing about investing back then, but the love of performance with low maintenance already left it's mark on me. Skip forward to a life of making work for a company that I have no feeling for, just advertising for them. I ended up getting good at making heaps of social media material, super fast. When I was booted out the door I thought, I've got time now, what should I do with myself?

I decided to start a social media channel through YouTube + numerous other social media apps to pretty much be the best + 4K resolution video + gallery for all EV's (Starting with Tesla though). I thought I could make every single variation on every single car with every single rim choice to help people really visualise what they were spending their hard earned money on. Living in Australia you kind of have VERY well off (or have a job) to afford one so it is a way away for me, but I know that the world is changing faster than us Aussies so this was how I could help the human race. How much does it pain you to see a petrol car spewing smoke from it's exhaust right?!

I don't plan to advertise my channel openly on this forum (except on this post), it's just there to be found on YouTube for people looking for it and I have other ideas for merch etc. Any guessed what the truck I'm doing next? ;) I'm starting to like the look of it the more I stare at it.

My EV4K YouTube Channel can be seen HERE for anyone interested

This is my current dream car - Model Y LR in pearl white (I'm not a fan of the Gemini rims but maybe I could get used to it - Does anyone know if they provide more range like the aero rims of the Model 3?).

I would love to get it wrapped in white pearl to make it look even more pearlescent (I love my Subaru pearl white but I think Tesla Pearl White needs some work).

Look forward to talking more with you guys and gals about making the transition to EVs faster than I am! (can't even pre-order one yet)

-mikey
*I am a TSLA investor since I couldn't buy the car a few years ago, just part of the company*