Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile Service in Montana

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have had the Tesla Ranger drop by in Billings from Idaho Falls to install my garage door opener in my Model 3. He makes the rounds in Montana at least once a month. Good experience for that purpose. I haven't had to schedule a more urgent visit but the Ranger is good at what he does and easy to get in touch with. Meaning I have his cell number. We have by his estimate at least 20-30 Teslas in Billings. The nearest service center is over 500 miles away for us in Billings, located in Spokane, Denver, or Salt Lake, so there's that. I scheduled the mobile service through Spokane, which is closer to you as is Idaho Falls. They actually pick up the phone. Good thing is that at 9k miles I haven't even had to think about "service".

Last edited:
I'm not saying you would have to wait a month for mobile service, just that for minor stuff which can wait it's easy to get on the list for the rounds during that month. For anything more urgent I will let others speak but my understanding is the Ranger could pop over sooner if needed.

Last edited:
Sure, I hope others in Montana chime in to share their service experiences. I have only been a Tesla owner since August 2019. I myself, however, am not particularly worried about service. I don't foresee needing urgent service as particularly likely and if I do I'll just deal with it. Course I have other vehicles I could drive in a worst-case scenario. Dealing with distance is just a part of life in Montana, right? I had a corporate rental car break down and require towing 200 miles back to Billings followed by bringing me another car.

I should add that the cost for the Ranger to travel 350 miles to install the Homelink garage door opener was $0.00. Or rather was included in the cost of the Tesla Homelink, independent of the length of commute. Helena is definitely on the Ranger's routing circuit, he arrived at my house in the afternoon, leaving Helena that morning.

Last edited:
We've had our Model 3 in Missoula since 2018. The mobile guy out of Spokane came by once but we've had very few minor issues. For most of the minor issues we've stopped at the Portland service center when we were passing thru.

Reactions: bobmane
We've had our Model 3 in Missoula since 2018. The mobile guy out of Spokane came by once but we've had very few minor issues. For most of the minor issues we've stopped at the Portland service center when we were passing thru.
Hey Back9 - we've just started the Tesla approved "Montana owners club" If you or anyone you know is interested in joining please send us an email at [email protected] - We currently have 4 members and would like to expand, lol. Thanks!!