Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Mobile service?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I've had my new Model 3 SR+ for 2 weeks and noticed a rattle coming from the driver's door speaker when driving.
I can push on it and it goes away, it'll do it when the radio volume is loud too, just sitting in the driveway.
I don't know if it's the speaker or the grill, tried to remove the grill but was afraid of tweaking or breaking it.
Scheduled a service for it but I have to take it to my nearest service center, not a big deal since I live in Fremont close to the factory, just inconvenient for me to take it there and leave it.
My question is, doesn't Tesla have mobile service available for this sort of thing?
It's a brand new car and it seems to me that they would just come out and service it at my work or residence without me having to interact with service at all.
I've seen other posts where the mobile service will just go to the car and ask you to unlock it, fix it and be on their way...
Seems like a quick fix.
Any thoughts on when mobile service is sent out?
Thank you in advance.

I had a rattle fixed by mobile service recently, went really smoothly. If you’re concerned about the details of touchless service in your area, probably best to put in the request using the Tesla app and then confirm details via text or phone when they reach out to you.

My question is, doesn't Tesla have mobile service available for this sort of thing?
It's a brand new car and it seems to me that they would just come out and service it at my work or residence without me having to interact with service at all.
I've seen other posts where the mobile service will just go to the car and ask you to unlock it, fix it and be on their way...
Seems like a quick fix.
Any thoughts on when mobile service is sent out?
Thank you in advance.
Mobile service can definitely come out to whatever location you enter in the app. I have had a mobile tech come out and repair my car without me even being around. They remotely access the car, repair, lock the car when leaving. I always get SMS messages when they are en-route, fixing, complete.