Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Battery Replacement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

I bought a mid range in 2018, which at the time meant a max range of 260 "ideal miles" but generally charged to 230 at 90% daily use.

Six years later, the new recommendation is charge to 80%, but if I were to do 90%, that would currently only get me to around 200 miles of "ideal range". This is a degradation of 13% in six years, which is still only half of what the warranty accounts for.

So, in the eventuality of a battery replacement, is it possible to upgrade to a long range battery in the same car? Or is there a limitation based on battery size in the chassis or something like that?

Also, what can I expect in terms of cost? 10k? 15k? Thanks for any info you can give.

So, in the eventuality of a battery replacement, is it possible to upgrade to a long range battery in the same car?

No, it isnt, at least not from Tesla. Tesla is offering to let people swap to the LFP version of the battery (thats slower off the line but can be charged to 100%) but at least right now Tesla does offer such a thing for the model 3 or Y.