Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 doesn't answer phone calls

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all. I just picked up my M3 two days ago. So far so good, except for this one issue. My car will make calls fine, but it won't give me the option to answer calls from the screen. It rings from the car, but I can't answer from the car. If I answer from my phone, it connects fine. I have a Galaxy S8.

Any thoughts?

Connect vehicle to wifi to make sure vehicle receives current updates.

After software update then do scroll wheel reset. Even power off the vehicle through the touch screen.

Unpair and delete phone from vehicle. Try to pair again and make a phone call to test.

Still bad? Have a mobile tech come out, help you out, and even connect a laptop to reset the modems and connectivity issues.

Still bad? Service center visit needed.

Hi all. I just picked up my M3 two days ago. So far so good, except for this one issue. My car will make calls fine, but it won't give me the option to answer calls from the screen. It rings from the car, but I can't answer from the car. If I answer from my phone, it connects fine. I have a Galaxy S8.

Any thoughts?

I'm having similar issues...coming from a S it seems a lot harder to answer and hangup calls from the steering wheel. at the bottom left you'll see 3 dots - swipe left and right while the phone rings and I think that can bring it up the phone interface but on 48.1 i noticed sometimes that wasn't available. I just got updated to 2018.48.12.1 so will see if that helped.

otherwise maybe I'm missing something? left thumbwheel mutes, right should be for hangup or answer you'd think while a call is coming....seems like could be an easy fix with software.

Otherwised amazed with the 3!!

I also have an S8 but my issue is that my phone doesn't connect for music or calls at all a little more than half the time. Phone as Key works flawlessly, but when I get in the car and start driving I notice that it isn't connected when I try to make a call, or I get a call and it doesn't ring through the car. When I open the blutooth menu on the screen I can select my phone and then press connect, but I have to do that pretty often, where as I almost never had to I mb my old VW