Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Model 3 Driver Seat Adjustment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After a week of having the car, it looks like my driver seat's adjustment (just forwards and backwards) doesn't seem to be working.

The other adjustments (recline and lumbar) are working correctly - and oddly, when I press the button to move forward and backward, the profile menu appears, as if to ask to save the new position to my profile.

I've scheduled maintenance with Tesla service center, but was wondering if anyone has seen or fixed this before.

One of my favorite features is the seat profile. I have no issues with the adjustments. If I do adjust it, it does ask if I want to update my profile, but you don't have to. If you just got the car, then I'd at least go through the two reboot procedures (the two scroll method reset and turn it off on the screen method) and try out the functions after each. You may want to call customer service and have them walk you through these. I've never had any electrical or software issue that wasn't alleviated that way and mine is over a year old. Except once whent the charge port wouldn't open, both resets did not work, but after a good night's sleep the issue disappeared (who knows?). The latest software update I have (2019.8.5) did cause me to do a couple of recent reboots (screen got glitchy), but before that, it was months since the last reboot. Congratulations on your new Model 3! Mine still puts a smile on my face every day.