Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Driver seat stuck again!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2023 Model X Plaid with the Drivers Seat Easy Entry set to full back by my parents. It has worked flawlessly for 6 months, and all of the sudden, boom, stuck in the rear slide position. The motor clicks when the button is pressed but no movement forward from the full back position. The other positions, like up, down, and canting work fine.

I tried the soft reset, the seat calibration, and the "forward backward button rock" technique, but nothing seemed to work.

So I created an appointment, then went to the appointment and was out in 15 minutes with the seat fixed. The tech told me that he simply "loosened a bolt (or bolts?)" that was keeping the seat slide in place so he could just move the seat forward a few inches. He then tightened the bolt(s) and it was good as new. He told me not to let the seat slide fully back again or it would bind. Gotcha. I didn't ask for details on where the bolt was to loosen because I wasn't thinking and I have regrets.

I bring it to my parents so they can get to using it again, and within a single drive the seat is now stuck AGAIN. The Easy Entry went to the full back position because I didn't change it like a dummy. I really don't feel like driving it to another appointment if all I have to do is loosen a bolt and slide the seat forward, then tighten the bolt again.

Does anybody know what and where this bolt is that I have to loosen? I have all the appropriate tools and I swear I have the brains to use them. I just want to avoid that ride if I can.

Try going thru this thread. Since you had this working for 6 months it doesn’t seem straightforward to reproduce.

The tech telling you not to move the seat all the way back is BS needless to say. Insist on a proper fix and reopen service in the long run. Good luck in the short run and let us know if the tips above from others worked.

Try going thru this thread. Since you had this working for 6 months it doesn’t seem straightforward to reproduce.

The tech telling you not to move the seat all the way back is BS needless to say. Insist on a proper fix and reopen service in the long run. Good luck in the short run and let us know if the tips above from others worked.

EXACTLY. You beat me to saying this.