Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 drivers side washer fluid jet not working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My wife was driving the Model 3 today and found the left drivers side washer jet wasn't working. Not real cold out (-3c) so shouldn't be frozen. Quick search seems that others have had issues with this but no fix. Car was delivered in September so it's roughly 2 months old. Any insights?

Original washer fluid coming with the car? Did you try to go few hours in a warm place and try again?

If yes, add some -40C washer fluid in it for next time (it will not solve your current problem).

If no, they are apparently problem if you use Rain-X washer fluid as they clog the tubes.

Just FYI, I thought the same, (it really looks like the fluid is only coming out of the right, not the left) but then I came across a YouTube video (will try and find the link) where he runs it in very slow motion and you can see that in fact, fluid does also come from the left wiper arm as well.
Not saying your car doesn’t have an issue, just saying that it may appear that no fluid is coming out of the left wiper arm, when in fact, it is - but the way it disseminates onto the windshield makes it appear that nothing is coming out.

Here it is (the video is about 12 minutes long but it gets to the point)

I brought it up with service about this and they basically asked me to look closely and there was in fact fluid coming out of the driver side, it's just the way the wipers are designed makes it hard to see fluid coming out of there. But this was a few months ago before freezing weather, so might not be the case for your car.