Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 glass roof sunshade exterior pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

If anyone has the OEM model 3 rear roof sunshade, can you please post a pic of how it looks from the outside of the car, curious how it changes the look and what if any privacy it provides... if no OEM a pic of a 3rd party one would work too if it covers the entire rear window.
Thanks!

The OEM does a great job masking everything, both in the M3 and MS I had before it. Details will not be visible for someone driving behind you unless you are facing a very bright sunset. There are many extra clips in the kit which helped this 6'3" driver flatten the front screen against the glass to stop hair rubbing. I also bought a highly rated $60 dual perforated shade kit on Amazon, it now resides at the local landfill.

The OEM does a great job masking everything, both in the M3 and MS I had before it. Details will not be visible for someone driving behind you unless you are facing a very bright sunset. There are many extra clips in the kit which helped this 6'3" driver flatten the front screen against the glass to stop hair rubbing. I also bought a highly rated $60 dual perforated shade kit on Amazon, it now resides at the local landfill.
Thanks for letting me know, sounds like the 3rd party shades are 🗑️