Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 hit and run while parked

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car was parked on a hill with it's wheels turned when this happened last night. There's some light paint transfer on the rear driver fender and on the side mirror. More pressing is that the steering wheel won't turn and the front driver's side wheel is pointed outwards more than it should. I've tried rebooting the screen without success. I've put it into service mode but no codes popped up.

Sentry mode was turned off because nothing ever happens in my residential area and it's a very wide street. I'm guessing it was a drunk driver or someone who lost control of their car driving at speed down the hill. Body shops are closed today because it's Sunday but I'm trying to gauge how expensive this might be to fix. Going through insurance is worrisome because they'll recoup their costs by raising my rates. I'm hoping there's just one control arm or axle that's bent and it wouldn't be too bad but that's probably being too optimistic. I won't know until I have the car towed to the shop but wanted to see if anyone had experience to help prepare me for what any potential headaches.

It is a 2019 long range awd. Thanks

Attachments

• 1 - ErIqKEZ.jpg
    1 - ErIqKEZ.jpg
    650.8 KB · Views: 101
  • 2 - HGl2SPS.jpg
    2 - HGl2SPS.jpg
    560.2 KB · Views: 55
  • 3 - 1bSFggx.jpg
    3 - 1bSFggx.jpg
    295.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 4 - FVvO01V.jpg