TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Model 3 repairs in Rockville Maryland area

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by djsinc, Aug 6, 2018.

1. djsinc

djsinc Member

I have the unfortunate circumstance of needing to have body work done (likely replace a rear door). Does the service center perform these repairs? I am assuming not.

I'm a bit pessimistic about a repair shop being able to get parts from Tesla in a timely manner and also being able to perform all the repairs, so I'm looking for any recommendations from those in the DMV area that might have had good experiences somewhere.

Thanks!

2. CUBldr97

CUBldr97 Member

TESLA should tell you who the "certified" body shops are in this area. I don't think Rockville has a body shop yet. but call and find out.

3. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

You can search here, Tesla, and find qualified Body Shops in your area or also contact Tesla as @CUBldr97 noted.

Sorry to hear that you need repair work done. I had a good bit of repair work done once and they Body Shop returned the car "like new" so I'm sure you won't have any issues.

4. crmatson

crmatson Member

• Like x 1
  5. Reddy Kilowatt

There opening a Tesla body shop in Rockville just a couple blocks from the Rockville service center.

I would think it would be open by now or very shortly. I remember them talking about it at one of the dealerships months ago.

6. aloha1906

aloha1906 Member

Give this place a call. About 5-10m from Rockville SC. I see a long line of all models in for body work.

Service King - Gaithersburg
    8221 Snouffer School Road
    Gaithersburg, MD 20879
    (240) 631-0123

Safe travels.

• Like x 1