Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD charging not going beyond 8A

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am getting charging issues with brand new Model 3 RWD. Very first time charging using Tesla mobile connector charger with Nema 14-50 and connecting to 220V outlet but getting max 8A at 245V. Tried everything what was suggested in other threads - like loose connections, connectors all the way in the sockets etc but still getting only 8A out. A
0BB19779-2D8A-48AE-8D03-5AC7906FE2A0.jpeg
ny suggestion please?

The car is only seeing 8amp available (8/8). You say you checked the connections, I would suggest going back and checking them agai
If you know someone with a mobile connector or other EVSE that plugs into the same outlet, you can ask to test that to see if your mobile connector and its plug adapter are working properly.
Thank you. Yes, thats what i am going to do now. Will update the thread.

If you know someone with a mobile connector or other EVSE that plugs into the same outlet, you can ask to test that to see if your mobile connector and its plug adapter are working properly.
The car is only seeing 8amp available (8/8). You say you checked the connections, I would suggest going back and checking them again.
There was a problem with charger. My friend’s charger with mine 14-50 adapter worked. Returning the charger. Thanks.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin