Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Vanity Mirror Light Stopped Working Reliably

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The thread title says most of it. The vanity mirror light on the driver's side of my 2018 Model 3 stopped working reliably a few weeks ago. Now, when I open the mirror cover, sometimes the light will turn on, and sometimes it won't. When it does not turn on, I can usually eventually get it to turn on by generally "messing with it"... i.e., doing some combination of closing/reopening the flap, putting pressure on the mirror or visor or light, moving the visor to a different position, or other random things. But there is no clear cause-and-effect that I can identify that reliably fixes the issue, and the light often turns back off on its own soon after it turns on.

I'm assuming I'll end up having to get Tesla Service involved to get this fixed, but I first wanted to ask if anyone on the forum has experienced similar issues with a flaky vanity mirror light on their Model 3 or Model Y? Or know what the root cause or fix to this problem is?

Thanks.

My 2021 Model 3 vanity mirror light is even worst. For the first couple of months that light had no problem. But couple weeks ago both driver side and passenger side vanity mirror light won't turning on. Well, it's not a really big problem but I still need to get it to fix. Have you fixed your problem? Or do I still need to get Tesla Service involved?

Upvote 0
My 2021 Model 3 vanity mirror light is even worst. For the first couple of months that light had no problem. But couple weeks ago both driver side and passenger side vanity mirror light won't turning on. Well, it's not a really big problem but I still need to get it to fix. Have you fixed your problem? Or do I still need to get Tesla Service involved?
It seems like it mostly resolved on its own, strangely enough. Granted, I don’t actually use the vanity mirror very often, but it seems to have worked pretty reliably over the past 10 months or so when I do use it. And on the rare occasion it doesn’t turn on, just “fiddling” with it seems to do the trick.

Upvote 0