Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3: XPEL PPF & Ceramic

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I just recently took delivery on my red LR Model 3. Right after I got the car, I took it in to get a full PPF, Ceramic Coat and Window Tint using all XPEL products! I love how the car looks (better than new) and the place that I went to was fabulous and did an amazingly detailed job.

My question is if anyone else has had this done using specifically the XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF and the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coat, how are you taking care of your car? I love that dirt generally slides off of the car easily, but we recently had some wildfires here in Los Angeles and I feel like there's still some char and ashes on my car. I can't easily hand wash the car where I live so I'm just wondering on what everyone else does to clean their car and not damage the PPF or Ceramic Coat.

Also what would you use to get the smell of smoke out of your car? I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to enjoy that new car smell for long! I tried air freshener but that just seems to cover up the smell but not get rid of it.

TM3 1.png TM3 7.jpg TM3 2.jpg

Thanks!

Hi AD. Too bad about the fires and that smell in your 3. After cleaning the interior, I use a few sprays of Adams Odor Neutralizer in the front and back. I've also been using a few sprays every month or so by the bottom of the dash with air recirculation on and fan full blast to avoid the musty smells some are reporting from the condensation left after use. I'm already in the habit of turning off the AC a few blocks away from home and running the fan on high. Your car will smell nice again and not like a perfumed fire pit.
BTW- I live a few minutes from the ocean and have yet to get that mildewy odor.
Good luck with your new 3 and let me know how well the Adams works for you! :)

Reactions: joebruin77
Oh yeah... Adam's ceramic Boost is recommended by Xpel for that extra shine. I have a Xpel clear bra and ceramic coating on the paint. I use it on both but need to be careful not to use too much on the paint. A little goes a long way, couple sprays per panel. Ceramic liquid wax for a super show- stopping blinding glare and so smooth they'll fall over feeling the finish! :D

I have full Xpel PPF but I have not done the ceramic coating. As for car washing, Optimum No Rinse (aka ONR) is great for rinseless car washes. I also like waterless washes such as McKees37 Waterless Wash on the Go or Meguiars Express Wash and Wax. I also recommend Technicians Choice Ceramic Detail Spray. This is a detail spray that contains ceramic and is super slick and glossy.

As for the air odor, I suggest this product. It was recommended by a youtube mechanic that I really trust and usually gives good advice:

https://www.amazon.com/autowit-Puri...ywords=car+air+purifier&qid=1571356586&sr=8-6

Good luck,
joebruin77

Thanks @XLR82XS - the problem is that my garage also still smells a little like smoke. It has definitely gotten better since last weekend, but some of the residual smell is still there. I think I may just have to leave my garage open tomorrow while I'm home just to let it air out.

Do you happen to have a product link for the air filters?

Thanks!

Thank you @Kleenerth3 and @joebruin77 - will definitely be looking into both your recommendations. I'm definitely going to have to give my M3 some TLC this weekend!
Right on Aquadolphin. These are some of the best products for the $ for what you're looking for. Joebruin77 has helped me out a ton. Used in tandem, you shouldn't have a problem. Odor Neutralizer with the filter while parked, Joe thinks of everything!! LOL. :p
Again, good luck! :cool:

Hi all,
Also what would you use to get the smell of smoke out of your car? I'm a little bummed that I didn't get to enjoy that new car smell for long! I tried air freshener but that just seems to cover up the smell but not get rid of it.
Change the air filter. Most likely all of the smoke particles are congregated there. A new set of Model 3 compatible filters with activated carbon costs around $30 on Amazon.

Reactions: Kleenerth3
Thanks @XLR82XS - the problem is that my garage also still smells a little like smoke. It has definitely gotten better since last weekend, but some of the residual smell is still there. I think I may just have to leave my garage open tomorrow while I'm home just to let it air out.

Do you happen to have a product link for the air filters?

Thanks!
A fan would help as well. As someone stated, Amazon has filters: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07YFXX9H...olid=2I55GZ1FUZ8GU&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I just recently took delivery on my red LR Model 3. Right after I got the car, I took it in to get a full PPF, Ceramic Coat and Window Tint using all XPEL products! I love how the car looks (better than new) and the place that I went to was fabulous and did an amazingly detailed job.

My question is if anyone else has had this done using specifically the XPEL Ultimate Plus PPF and the XPEL Fusion Plus Ceramic Coat, how are you taking care of your car? I love that dirt generally slides off of the car easily, but we recently had some wildfires here in Los Angeles and I feel like there's still some char and ashes on my car. I can't easily hand wash the car where I live so I'm just wondering on what everyone else does to clean their car and not damage the PPF or Ceramic Coat.

View attachment 466917 View attachment 466922 View attachment 466923

Thanks!
If you dont mind me asking, what Tint spot did you go to in LA? I'm also from LA and im going to be looking for a spot to tint my M3P when Tesla decides to deliver it haha. Thanks in advance.

@wariqp3d - congrats on your new M3P!

@wariqp3d and @3scompany here are the details:

I got all of my work done at American Wrap Company out in Thousand Oaks. Tyler and his team did a great job and I'm really happy with both the work that they did and the service! I did get quite a few quotes prior to deciding on AWC, but I loved that Tyler's response was the most detailed and he gave me several different options and let me decide on what would work for me without trying to "sell". They only work with XPEL products so if you're looking for another brand then you'll have to find a different installer, but after speaking with Tyler I totally get why he uses them. @XPEL seems to be a great company that really stands behind their products!

(I promise I don't work for them!)

@XPEL seems to be a great company that really stands behind their products!

(I promise I don't work for them!
Yeah I couldn't agree more with AquaDolphin. 10 yr warranty on the product and I love the way my clear bra looks. I already took a hit from an uncoiled cord on the freeway and the splitter, bumper and headlight. A few small tears in the Xpel under the splitter that needs a little repair, otherwise it saved me a few $K. There's no sign in front of my 3 I ever hit anything. The self repair ability is amazing.
You'll be so glad you pulled the trigger! :cool:

BTW- Also not an employee! :D

Yeah I couldn't agree more with AquaDolphin. 10 yr warranty on the product and I love the way my clear bra looks. I already took a hit from an uncoiled cord on the freeway and the splitter, bumper and headlight. A few small tears in the Xpel under the splitter that needs a little repair, otherwise it saved me a few $K. There's no sign in front of my 3 I ever hit anything. The self repair ability is amazing.
You'll be so glad you pulled the trigger! :cool:

BTW- Also not an employee! :D

You guys are getting me anxious and i dont even have my car yet.. gawd. I'll be vising AWC as soon as it comes in. Thanks guys. @AquaDolphin, you dont mind, can you share how much it cost to get it done to your car? Thanks

• Funny
@Kleenerth3 - wow! good to know that the XPEL holds up so well! My sister has a new white M3 and she hasn't gotten any additional protection on hers and while helping her wash her car this weekend, I already noticed some tiny paint chips just from normal SoCal freeway driving. It breaks my heart to see that considering the car is only a couple of months old.

@wariqp3d - I'll PM you the info.

@wariqp3d - the car itself is such a joy to drive and since you got the M3P, your experience will be even better! I can't tell you how relieved I feel just being able to drive it now that it's fully protected. It helps not having to worry about every little thing - especially considering how bad some of the roads down here are.