Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S and Blackview Dr900S Dashcam

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently purchased a 2018 model S 100D. I installed a Dr900S Dashcam. IThe camera also runs in the Parkmode but does not record till either it senses motion around the car or senses an impact. I have it sitting in my Garage with the wall charger plugged in and set to charge at 80%. I have noticed that the battery goes down around 5% then it recharges the battery to 80% approximately every 48 hours . Does that seem a normal rate of discharge for a dual channel Dashcam?

If so will that have any battery degregation consequences charging every 48 hours?

The dashcam impact on the main battery discharge rate is minimal. Other factors such as ambient temperature in your garage or the car being "alive" (if you frequently check on its status, hence preventing it go to deep sleep) will have far more impact.

I've had mine installed for over a year and I've left the car back home when travelling. I didn't see much deviation from the regular "vampire drain" that people are reporting.

Don't sweat it :)

Thanks for your response Arcos. The reason i wanted to ask the question was I just wanted to know that tit was a normal discharge. I also wanted to make sure if I leave the car in a parking lot for several weeks it would not drain the battery to low.

I also wanted to make sure if I leave the car in a parking lot for several weeks it would not drain the battery to low.
Do you have a way to plug your car in when you're absent? Even 110v "trickle" charging will be enough to offset any loses. But if you leave the car alone, without the urge to check on it every day it will go into a deep sleep, thus preserving battery even further.

Do you have a way to plug your car in when you're absent? Even 110v "trickle" charging will be enough to offset any loses. But if you leave the car alone, without the urge to check on it every day it will go into a deep sleep, thus preserving battery even further.

Yes I do have a charger in my garage and it is plugged in all the time. What I was looking at is a scenario where I leave the MS at the airport unplugged for about 3 weeks?

If you charge to almost full before leaving, you should be fine to drop it off for 3 weeks. I assume you talk Florida, so you don't have extreme temperatures (cold) to worry about. Just refrain from checking on the car and you will be fine. But, if you can find a parking spot near an electric outlet (hopefully marked for EV) that will give you the peace of mind. Set it to you preferred % of charge (less than 90%) and let the in-car charge scheduler take care of it.

If you charge to almost full before leaving, you should be fine to drop it off for 3 weeks. I assume you talk Florida, so you don't have extreme temperatures (cold) to worry about. Just refrain from checking on the car and you will be fine. But, if you can find a parking spot near an electric outlet (hopefully marked for EV) that will give you the peace of mind. Set it to you preferred % of charge (less than 90%) and let the in-car charge scheduler take care of it.

Ok perfect. That should work fine. Appreciate your help,