Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Door handle presenting, but the door will not open!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hello everyone,
good afternoon. hope everyone is doing well. i need some guidance in fixing rear door handle on my tesla model s. so the read door handle on the car presents and retracts, but when pulled the door doesn't open. i even tried few suggestions that were shared here as looked at the wires in the rubber cover, but nothing looked broken. so i decided to look into the wires in the door. while tugging on all the wires 2 (white and black wires) came apart so i was like oh great this must be it, but after reading multiple comments and watching many videos i was able to remove the door handle i couldn't find it anywhere where those wires couldn't have come off from. the door still doesn't open and it's getting frustrating. please help.
thank you

hello everyone,
good afternoon. hope everyone is doing well. i need some guidance in fixing rear door handle on my tesla model s. so the read door handle on the car presents and retracts, but when pulled the door doesn't open. i even tried few suggestions that were shared here as looked at the wires in the rubber cover, but nothing looked broken. so i decided to look into the wires in the door. while tugging on all the wires 2 (white and black wires) came apart so i was like oh great this must be it, but after reading multiple comments and watching many videos i was able to remove the door handle i couldn't find it anywhere where those wires couldn't have come off from. the door still doesn't open and it's getting frustrating. please help.
thank you
There is probably more wires broken or close to being broken. Check again. If you want to repair the door handles itself check YouTube for some help

It may depend on what generation handle you have. The electrified garage video is the best I've seen. If yours matches thiers then a link is there for the harness.
good morning. i finally got some time to work on the car and took some pictures. hopefully this helps. please provide any guidance on where to go from here. thank you

Attachments

• 20240427_152059.jpg
    20240427_152059.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 9
  • 20240427_160904.jpg
    20240427_160904.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20240427_160914.jpg
    20240427_160914.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 5
There is probably more wires broken or close to being broken. Check again. If you want to repair the door handles itself check YouTube for some help
good morning. i've been looking all sorts of videos from changing door handle fuses to broken wires, but nothing has helped. i've attached pictures of the door handle if that helps. any guidance would be appreciated. thank you

Attachments

• 20240427_160904.jpg
    20240427_160904.jpg
    331.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20240427_160914.jpg
    20240427_160914.jpg
    370.6 KB · Views: 6