Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

Model S - Door handle presenting, but the door will not open!

Hello..

Tesla model S 2015

Problem: Front right passenger door handle presenting, but the door will not open!

I changed the harness to fix this (Tesla Model S Door Handle Repair Microswitch Harness)

After changing the harness its till not working. I even tested both the new and the old harness, and both of them are working as they are supposed to.

Does anyone know what could be wrong? Already searched all over, but no luck. Normally people change the harness with the 2 small microswitches and it works again.

Thank you

Found the problem:
Door latch in the passenger door not working correctly. Took it off and hit it gently with a hammer 10-20 times. After that it worked!

This will probably only be temporary.

Part number in my case: 6008912-00-C (Front Right Door Latch Lock Actuator Assembly)

Found the problem:
Door latch in the passenger door not working correctly. Took it off and hit it gently with a hammer 10-20 times. After that it worked!

This will probably only be temporary.

Part number in my case: 6008912-00-C (Front Right Door Latch Lock Actuator Assembly)
Glad to hear that you were able to fix the problem yourself albeit might be temporary. I have an early Model S and had to replace all of my door handles, often multiple times. I currently have one not working. I'm afraid this problem will continue for you and other Model S owners. Keep me posted on how Tesla took care of you (or not). All the best.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC