Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Long Range Plus Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - there seem to be quite a few of us in this situation of having ordered MS LR+, but having received MS LR range only. Can we collect data on these here? Definitely if you receive a real LR+, or upgrade successfully upgrade software to LR+ capability please post that here too!

after you post, and you have a change, simply quote your post and update it.

please post your data:

1. Order date
2. Delivery date
3. What’s indicated on your MVOA - LR, or LR+?
4. What’s indicated on your MCU? - LR or LR+?
5. What’s indicated on your Monroney sticker? LR or LR+?
6. 6 digit VIN in form 123xxx
7. Battery version E or F
8. Software version
9, max range, as indicated on the Tesla app charging slider
10. battery serial no.

I’ll start:

Order date 1/23/20, revised to LR+ on 2/13/20
Delivery Date 3/6/20
MVOA = LR+
MCU = LR
Monroney = LR
VIN = 381xxx
Battery version = F
SW version = 2019.35.108
Max range = 373
Battery serial #T20B0372520

Last edited:
So I'm in an almost similar situation. I ordered the LR, was told they had to hold delivery to give it the LR+ software update, then took delivery and it didn't have the 390 mile range.

I called the delivery team about this. They held delivery for a firmware update that would make my car compatible with the LR+ software update. The actual LR+ software update isn't available for me yet. They are in the process of rolling it out region by region. They are apparently trying to avoid a situation where it rolls out to everyone and everyone has some major bug.

Mine went straight from the dealer to a shop for PPF and tint last Sunday, so I don't have some of the details...will update when I get the car back.

1. Order date: 2/7/20
- Didn't even think about calling to ensure I got the extended range and whatever else comes with LR+... I assumed it would all be included by the time I got the car. Kicking myself now, but still hoping I get the goodies. The LR+ is the same price I paid for LR... c'mon Musk, do the right thing.
- FWIW, the wireless phone charger came with the car and the delivery guy said it's now standard on all MS's (I don't believe it was when placed the order). It looks like they just installed the aftermarket charger (takes up a USB port, not hardwired), but maybe an indicator I'll get the LR+ treatment?

2. Delivery date: 3/8/20
3. MVOA: LR
4. MCU: <will update when I get the car back>
5. Monroney sticker: LR
6. VIN: 378xxx
7. Battery version E or F: <will update>
8. SW version: 2019.35.108
9. Max. range: <will update>
10. Battery serial: <will update>

Yes, my car, ordered on 1/23 was first shown on MVOA as LR, then changed at my request to LR+ on 2/21. As delivered on 3/6 it’s an LR. It did get upgraded to 2020.8.1 on 3/10

I did book a service appt, which was subsequently cancelled by the SC, who indicated I will get a software update in the future to get LR+. They couldn’t say when the update will occur, but they did assure me that my car has the right hardware to get the LR+ range.

New MX owners in the same boat are reporting full LR+ range upon upgrade to 2020.8.1.1, so my hopes are there is a remedy soon.

thanks....mine is 366, built on 17 Jan.....not sure of I will get upgraded or not....I will definitely pay the delivery center a visit

I was told by delivery today that my car that was built on 17 Jan and is currently a LR....I was told that I would be getting a firmware update later to get me to the LR+....I asked them if this was a software or firmware update and was told it was a firmware and that it would be free.....I then asked what the differences between software upgrade and firmware upgrade and was told a firmware update is just a larger file for the whole car.....

yea, go figure....we will see what happens and when

Hello all - there seem to be quite a few of us in this situation of having ordered MS LR+, but having received MS LR range only. Can we collect data on these here? Definitely if you receive a real LR+, or upgrade successfully upgrade software to LR+ capability please post that here too!

please post your data:

1. Order date
2. Delivery date
8. Software version
10. battery serial no.

I’ll start:

Delivery Date 3/6/20
MVOA = LR+
MCU = LR
Monroney = LR
VIN = 381xxx
Battery version = F
SW version = 2019.35.108
Max range = 373

please post your data:

1. Order date
2. Delivery date
8. Software version
10. battery serial no.

I’ll start:

Delivery Date 3/6/20
MVOA = LR+
MCU = LR
Monroney = LR
VIN = 381xxx
Battery version = F
SW version = 2019.35.108
Max range = 373

I also ordered a MS LR+ range as well. I was told the car will be upgraded OTA and if it has not been upgraded by the end of March, call the service center and set up an appt.

1. Order date 2/28/2020 built 2/20/2020
2. Delivery date 3/13/2020
3. What’s indicated on your MVOA - LR, or LR+? MVPA was LR+
5. What’s indicated on your Monroney sticker? LR or LR+? LR
6. 6 digit VIN in form 123xxx 379xxx
7. Battery version E or F Unknown
8. Software version 2020.4.11 a0db81b6c215
9, max range, as indicated on the Tesla app charging slider 329 miles
10. battery serial no.Unknown

Reactions: sdmack
I also ordered a MS LR+ range as well. I was told the car will be upgraded OTA and if it has not been upgraded by the end of March, call the service center and set up an appt.

1. Order date 2/28/2020 built 2/20/2020
2. Delivery date 3/13/2020
3. What’s indicated on your MVOA - LR, or LR+? MVPA was LR+
5. What’s indicated on your Monroney sticker? LR or LR+? LR
6. 6 digit VIN in form 123xxx 379xxx
7. Battery version E or F Unknown
8. Software version 2020.4.11 a0db81b6c215
9, max range, as indicated on the Tesla app charging slider 329 miles
10. battery serial no.Unknown
you most likely have a "F" battery.......you can find s/n under the right passenger tire wheel well at the Botton of the frame
also, you will get in a few days the software to 2020.12 which is current......the range upgrade will come sometime after that

Soon to be a first time Tesla owner. Picking up Model S long range plus tonight. However dealer just called with info and Monroney is still long range and software version is 2019.35. I am pissed as I am not getting long range plus from factory and have to wait for OTA update. Details given below. Not sure if I should take the ski wet or decline it. Please advise.

order date - 2/17/2020
Mvoa - long range plus
MVPA - long range plus
19”tempest wheels
Production- stamped on car 2/20
However per dealer it was pulled off assembly line on March 4th.
VIN - 381XXX
Software - 2019.3
Miles - 5

Per him only few model X are updated with long Range Monroney plus. None of the S getting delivered right now comes with long range plus Monroney / window sticker. Not happy. If we ordered long range plus we should get long range plus from factory with updated Monroney. Let me know what you guys think. Certainly cannot be inventory car as I had ordered tempest wheels.

Dealer was saying Tesla will issue new Monroney/ window sticker after updates ? Is that possible issuing another Monroney?

I don’t specifically know whether Monroney will be updated. I only heard that from other sources on TMC.

My question to the SC was specific to 390 mile range and LR+ designation. When they told me an update is coming, I then asked them to confirm whether my car had the specific hardware necessary to get the the 390 mile rated range and designation. And they responded “yes”.

Combined with the fact that there are at least a couple more instances of MX LR+ delivered as LR, and subsequently getting the LR+ and added rated range once 2020.8.1.1 was installed, I have reason to believe that the same will occur for MS of similar config, serial, and build date as mine, once the right software is released. And when that happens is subject to whatever Tesla’s release and certification schedule is.

I only wish Tesla was more clear about expectations and schedule at delivery. It would have prevented a whole lot of angst.

Last edited:
Reactions: BozieBeMe2