Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S phone charging wires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd like to get the charging cradle for the model S but sooner or later iPhones will finally switch to USB-C. Are there any good either lightning or usb-c right angle wires so I don't need to buy the whole kit twice just to change connectors?

My iPad is USB-C so I have one of those in my car. For my iPhone, I use wireless charging and I have a cradle with it built in. The suction cup sticks right to the smooth surface to the right of the center screen. It is the best setup I have ever had in a car. My previous car I had to stick one of those circles to the top of the dash.

I actually recently took the included USB-c cable from the wife's Model 3, and installed it in the Model S cradle. It fits perfectly on the phone side. It's not right angle on the supply -side USB-A, but if you don't mind that it sticks straight out next to the 12v outlet, it works fine.

BTW, I have a new, sealed Model S/X charging kit (iPhone and micro-usb) to sell; bought from Tesla before noticing the new car had one included sitting in the frunk....