Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S questions from a photo (2021 refresh)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator note: The starting posts in this thread were moved from the "Model S Delivery Update thread"

Hello!

Long time lurker and now a member. I am also patiently awaiting my 2021 Model S order which says "March".

I wanted to get some opinions on the following article/tweet where someone saw a new model s in Santa Cruz.

I noticed three things! One is the passenger door misalignment, no wheel caps, and no model badging on the rear trunk?... Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!

Long time lurker and now a member. I am also patiently awaiting my 2021 Model S order which says "March".

I wanted to get some opinions on the following article/tweet where someone saw a new model s in Santa Cruz.

I noticed three things! One is the passenger door misalignment, no wheel caps, and no model badging on the rear trunk?... Your thoughts?

Definitely a test mule. Don’t be surprised if the delivery cars have similar misalignments and gaps though. It’s pretty much par for Tesla at this point 😀

Hello!

That refresh in blue with yoke is looking handsome

Hello!

1) I may be in the minority but do not think that the pass door is misaligned. I think it is not shut properly or poorly latched.
2) Wheel caps could be supplier out of stock, stolen, etc. If that is something you are worried about, my guess is that ownership will get worse.
3) No badging to put on trunk. The website only shows badging if Plaid version.

Remember no one here (including myself despite what my wife says) does not know everything and we are speculating and making educated guesses.

1) I may be in the minority but do not think that the pass door is misaligned. I think it is not shut properly or poorly latched.
From what I recall, pictures of the blue LR showed both sides. Appeared misaligned on both. Are you stipulating both doors were not properly shut or poorly latched. Misaligned doors are a given on the X. Not so much on the S. Hopefully they are not regressing. :)